Search the forum,

Discuss Daisy chaining another rad. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I'm new to this forum but just wanted to ask if its ok to tee off an existing rad to a small one in my bay window. The pipe run will be about 10ft. TRV is fitted on the main rad.. Pipe work will be in 10mm HEP2O. Main rad is 1400mm x 600mm and the small one is 800mm x 300mm.

Nope won't work sorry

Nope won't work sorry
Thanks Shaun, perhaps I should have asked what I really meant in the first place. Can I take the feed to the small rad from the outlet of the big one and then back from the small rad outlet to pick up the return from the big rad. In effect, making one larger rad . No tees involved.I know the small rad wont get as hot but it's just to take the chill off the bay area. Sorry about that !

Last edited:
Thanks Shaun, perhaps I should have asked what I really meant in the first place. Can I take the feed to the small rad from the outlet of the big one and then back from the small rad outlet outlet to pick up the return from the big rad. In effect, making one larger rad . No tees involved.I know the small rad wont get as hot but it's just to take the chill off the bay area. Sorry about that !

That's the only way but you have to watch as your getting close / past

The heat capacity of the pipe, 10mm plastic pipe can supply approx 3 kw so add the rads together and see what you come up with

That's the only way but you have to watch as your getting close / past

The heat capacity of the pipe, 10mm plastic pipe can supply approx 3 kw so add the rads together and see what you come up with
That's great Shaun, thanks. Will check that out shortly and see what it totals.

You would have to do it

Inlet (trv) of big rad
Outlet of big rad to inlet of small rad
Outlet of small rad to return pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Daisy chaining another rad. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock