Search the forum,

Discuss Cylinder stabbings... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

DXCross

Gas Engineer
Evening all..

Kinda a gripe conjoined with a question but does anyone know why cylinder stabbings i.e cold feed, hws return, flow and return are rarely square on a cylinder?
Doesn’t seem to matter what brand I’ve come across they’re always off-set?

More an annoyance than anything :mad:

I hate to admit it Craig but I smirked haha. :rolleyes:

I guess that’s answered my question well and truly, much appreciated Snowhead.

Pretty interesting snippet into how they’re made too

Reply to Cylinder stabbings... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've got a customer with a kingfisher in a downstairs cupboard with gravity hot water and pumped heating. The cylinder has the vent on the flow to cylinder and cold feed on the return. I plan on installing an 18ri with an s plan kit and wireless cylinder stat. My question is if I pump...
Replies
Views
B
I'm a plumbing novice so first of all I apologise if I'm not explaining this situation correctly. I've recently renovated a house for my family to live in and we're having an issue with water not staying hot when the secondary return circuit is on. From a starting point of fully heated the...
Replies
Views
This is probably a basic one, but just wanted to check. Hot water flow to all taps has gradually been getting slower over time and the thermostatic shower now needs to be turned up hotter to get a reasonable shower temperature. Its a vented cylinder heated by an oil boiler and the cylinder stat...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock