Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss CWSC overflow dripping in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Dan1706

Dan1706 New Member

Any help here would be appreciated. My overflow pipe from the CWSC in the loft is dripping. It is not a constant drip. I have regualry been checking the level in the loft but is never at the level of the overflow pipe. I am confused as to how this is happening.

Is there any other reasons for why a drip can occur?

Thanks

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

How old is the ball valve ?

3. Dan1706

Dan1706 New Member

I would say very old. The cistern is the open type with just insulation covering the top.

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I would change that as a first port of call could be that dripping at night when the mains water pressure is at the most

5. Dan1706

Dan1706 New Member

Ok, thanks for that. I will do that first and see what happens.

6. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Is there a 22mm copper pipe that comes up, over and drops back down towards the tank?