Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats wrong with a junior hacksaw?

The shaft snapped yesterday splitting up my trees to put on old reekie. Had it since i was a wean too so it will be sorely missed :frown:
Btw i fired a 4" nail into my finger putting the fence up. Hit a knot and it came out the side and blew my hand off the timber. Never went through but it has knocked the joint about a ¼" to the side. Major sore but nothing a bucket of sawdust and a wee dram won't sort :lol:
I would have been better at my work!

Nae luck Tamz! My hands have so many cuts just now that they look like a map of the Rockies.
Sharp copper ends and me just fight each other every day.

I've got more scars on my hands than the back roads to Slammanan but this is as sore as i've had since my copex days. No sympathy from the bride :lol:

plastic pipe slice is the way-simple or get yourself a pair of plastic cutters.

Thats why you are supposed to deburr after cutting

I want one of these.

[video=youtube;-W-DdQUO7e0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W-DdQUO7e0[/video]

pipe cutters but don't go for the ratchet type. Simple is best and give them a little twist as you start to cut, mine also cost £14 .

I want one of these.

That's just lazy!! :)

Besides, I wouldn't just lob that into the bottom of the tool box, and the batteries never go flat on my bog standard £20 rothy, plastic pipe cutter!

I have a lot of scars from that stuff.
seen the old fella stick it through the glove and slice his tendon in his hand blood every where me abusing him you stupid old t anyway few weeks later did the same thing when i told him he peed himself should have painted his with laco would have hurt more

In my opinion you need three tools to cut pex plastic pipes. And they are pipe cutter, crimping tool and de crimping tool

I've had some success using a 15mm copper pipe cutter to get it nearly cut through then a decent pair of secateurs to finish the job off. It seems a neat & accurate cut to me, but I haven't switched the water on to try it yet!
Thanks to all who replied to my original question.

Water (mains pressure) switched on & no leaks at all!

If I went out and bought every new gadget that comes on the market, then I'd need a Truck just to carry it all around.

I want one of these.

How many 1 1/2" pipes do you come across sitting on a bench...........eh............none.
Looks too big to get in anywhere but maybe not.

too big if you ask me , but then we dont live in usa where everything is big , and I think if it was not no one would have bought one !!!

Have any of you who have ever been to America wondered where they get the film stars........everyone you see is 30 stone!

I went into one of those all you can eat places and i was mesmerised watching them shovel heaped (and i mean heaped) plates of food down their neck then go back for more!

I remember reading last year about a coach full of American tourists stopped off to eat at at an all you can eat Indian Buffet. They ate EVERYTHING and the restaurant ran out of food. Guess what, the Americans complained that their wasn't enough food, even though they ate the equivalent of 6 standard buffets in one go. Big fat ugly greedy bastwards they are.

Twist the cutters if they are a bit blunt to advoid squashing the pipe

Homer Simpson ate everything in Barnacle Jims seafood all you can eat restaurant and on the way home stopped to eat all of the mustard sachets he had taken !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Homer Simpson ate everything in Barnacle Jims seafood all you can eat restaurant and on the way home stopped to eat all of the mustard sachets he had taken !

But Homer Simpson is a cartoon character!
Doh! :)

I went into one of those all you can eat places and i was mesmerised watching them shovel heaped (and i mean heaped) plates of food down their neck then go back for more!

they always order a diet coke with there triple whoppers and doube fries,
i guess it makes them feel like there making an effort. :biggrin5:

Did someone say Homer Simpson is not real, surely not, he is my role model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cutting plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock