Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting off 110mm solvent weld elbow qustion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbduff

Hi
I need some advice please
The soil pipe elbow exits to low for a new pan at only 150mm centre height - it should be about 185mm
If I cut/saw the soil pipe elbow off will the internal diameter left be sufficiently wide enough to accommodate the flexible pan connector shown?
I think it will be but I don't want to burn my bridges by doing it without prior advice.
cut2.jpgcut1.jpgflexible pan connector.jpg

Thanks for your help
I posted a thread sometime ago about this and the consensus was that it was solvent not push fit, it does seem well stuck and now i can get to it I see there is no clearance around the pipe for a rubber grommet seal so I'm confident its solvent.

It will have a suitable ID for the flexi to work but the stack is push fit can't you swop the spigot branch for a socket all round one & do it properly instead?

Beat me to it again Simon

PS it is push fit not solvent weld

Last edited:
It will have a suitable ID for the flexi to work but the stack is push fit can't you swop the spigot branch for a socket all round one & do it properly instead?

Beat me to it again Simon

PS it is push fit not solvent weld

Thanks for confirming that
Removing the elbow:
I have pushed a thin palate knife around the edge of the joint to shift the hard deposits gumming it on.
There is a bit of twisting and lateral movement which seems to indicate it is push fit, but it is very stiff.
I don't want to damage anything by trying pull it off using brute force although I have it supported.
(not sure how robust it is)
Is there any kind of release agent I could squirt in to aid removal, which will not perish the rubber seal?
Also maybe a little heat

Last edited by a moderator:
It`s been there for awhile so don`t expect it to just easily pop off and No to using heat !!!

Help! YUK?

Managed to remove elbow only to find a can of worms.
How do i get rid of that?
It's solid rope - dental floss, rags god knows with calcium layer underneath sticking it down
tried tugging hard as poss - but its well and truly stuck
Any suggestions? call dyno rod
5.jpg

Help! YUK?

Managed to remove elbow only to find a can of worms.
How do i get rid of that?
It's solid rope - dental floss, rags god knows with calcium layer underneath sticking it down
tried tugging hard as poss - but its well and truly stuck
Any suggestions? call dyno rod
View attachment 29099

Carrier bag and pull if you can't shift it yes call dyno rod

Carrier bag and pull if you can't shift it yes call dyno rod

It's out "nono"!
I prised it out using a flat curved wrecking bar to release from the calcium holding it down.
It was like a 6ft long putrefied ferret - carrier bag! it filled a bin liner.
Nightmare over, elbow off and ferret gone.

It's out "nono"!
I prised it out using a flat curved wrecking bar to release from the calcium holding it down.
It was like a 6ft long putrefied ferret - carrier bag! it filled a bin liner.
Nightmare over, elbow off and ferret gone.

If you can pour a bucket of water down it to see if it's clear

And isn't plumbing fun :)

Caution:- Pan connector fits internal diameter of 110mm pipe not ID of collar. Necessary to insert short length of pipe in collar before pan connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cutting off 110mm solvent weld elbow qustion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find anything related. Installing a wall mounted toilet, unfortunately didn't know this when I put the soil pipe in position. The supplied fitting is now approximately 130mm offset from the vertical connection. Any ideas? (amateur obviously!) Wondered...
Replies
Views
Morning All, Just after some advice as I have been asked to plumb in a sink and washing machine waste for a new kitchenette. The other side of the stud wall shown is the bathroom, with the toilet attached to the soil pipe bottom right and a small basin attached to the 32mm waste. The wall is...
Replies
Views
Hello there! I hope your weekend has started well. TL/DR: Should I replace 90-degree bend with a smaller type to increase the fall from the shower tray? I am replacing a bathtub with a 1500 X 800 Sonas shower tray which I will place on 4-inch blocks, probably with some 18mm marine ply on top...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently DIYing my bathroom and have a soil stack with 3 waste pipes bossed into it (bath, basin and bidet) - all waste is currently push fit under the floors. Before I tile the floor, I'm going to replace all the push fit waste with solvent weld - it's not leaking but seems prudent...
Replies
Views
Hello all, New to this forum so I will try especially hard to be succinct. It would be so helpful to have some feedback and see if I'm anywhere close to a solution or still miles off the mark. I am completely refurbishing a bungalow I have bought, all internal walls down, new rooms in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock