Search the forum,

Discuss Customer has removed tray etc and wants tiled floor no tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi, been to look at this job, customer has removed the tray, screen and tiles and now wants a tiled floor instead of a tray and a pivot door fitted.

Wall tiles not a problem. Not the sort of thing I have done but between me and another guy also a plumber have been asked to quote it. They want the waste flush with the tiles. The good thing is there is already a false floor there so getting the waste out is not an issue.

Really asking for advice on best way to prep the existing floor (or replace existing floor).

Shower, wall tiles and screen not an issue.

Thanks

IMG_20190705_125623.jpg

That needs a former. Without it, it will never drain properly or seal. If it doesn't then the floor will eventually rot through too.

If they not prepared to have a proper former, then simply walk away. If you don't, you WILL regret it. With the sort of attitude displayed, it will be YOU who cops the blame for his lack of spending.

Just relooked at the image. It needs ripping out and doing properly. That drain is NOT suitable for an in floor drain. As a tiny 'wetroom', it will need tanking too.

If those small hexagons are for the floor I would specify a rigid former (eg Impey AquaDec) do not be tempted to use a cheap foam one as they can’t take the point loading of small tiles.
If you are not experienced in this type of Wetroom floor do one of two things.
1) run away, quickly.
2) pay someone else to do it and assist them so you learn.
Honestly this is not a thing to “have a go at”, it will end in tears and an insurance claim - just saying.

Here's an update.

Made a start on this job.

There was no other option than a tray. Rooms a bit of a muddle as customer has done their own tiling outside of the shower area so they have horrible uneven cuts all round the room. Im not quite sure where they started and shame really as they've spent a lot of money.

Only standard work and not complete but a slight improvement.

IMG_20190725_181826.jpg

Last edited:
And don't ask about the ceiling. The lady said she's plastering it in a few weeks. And they didn't think through the light position.

Well done steering away from no tray!

Is that niche tall enough for shampoo bottles?

I guess ceiling is getting plastic boarding rather than plaster?

Well done steering away from no tray!

Is that niche tall enough for shampoo bottles?

I guess ceiling is getting plastic boarding rather than plaster?

To be honest I think they are redoing the ceiling....the light is directly above the shower.

No it's quite a small box, apparently they are eco friendly and will be buying large bottles of shampoo etc and filling mini bottles. Box/tiles etc supplied by customer.

It was fun being asked to use minimal adhesive.

Reply to Customer has removed tray etc and wants tiled floor no tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock