Search the forum,

Discuss CP12 Gas Safe Cert & Lodger & Hob Ventilation Requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone I would be grateful for some advice from someone with Gas Safe Certification please

I have a kitchen around 7m square (so above the 5m rule but below the 10m rule)

I have a modern condensing boiler room sealed.

I have a gas hob with mechanical extractor hood above with extractor going to outside wall.

The room has one external wall with a window that opens and a door that opens to the outside.

What I would like to be clarified please is I want to take in a lodger so want to get a Gas Safe Cert but not sure if I need another external vent (in addition to the hob extractor) what size it needs to be and where it can be in the room. i.e. does it need to be above counter top or can it be say down lower by the washing machine. Any link to the regs would be useful.

Thanks very much and Merry Christmas to all

Hi ,,,currently I am living in the house so the lodger will be sharing with me. Once I move into my girlfriends place I will rent out the other room and at this point I believe it needs a gas safe certificate. I figure it's easier to do any work needed now while I'm decorating rather than afterwards.

Thanks

Why do you think you need additional ventilation?

I read it online that if I was planning on getting lodgers in I should have a electrical test.. fit smoke alarms and get a gas certificate... when I googled the requirements it brought up a load of questions regarding ventilation in kitchens, boxed in gas pipes, flues being correct etc etc. Then there were quotes from a gas guy on here I think saying under 5m square you must have x over 10m square and your fine with an opening window but if between 5 and 10 you need a vent. What I don't know is if my hood extractor which is mechanical to the outside counts as the vent. If it doesn't its quite a simple job now to put one in but not quite so simple once I've tiled. Does any one know the answer please?

The best thing you could do would get an appropriately qualified
gas safe person in to advise and issue your landlord certificate.

The person on the spot is able to see all the regulation requirements.

Rooms, including kitchens are measured in volume, not area.

There is a gas safe technical bulletin covering this subject. It's worth a read

Thanks all as heliotrope just pointed out my mistake,,, it's room volume not area so in that case I'm over 10 and have an external window so I think that corrects my understanding or means I don't need to consider the <10 scenario. Yep will be getting a gas safe guy round when I'm ready for the lodger just to check all safe and sound.

thanks all

If you post your location here, someone may be local

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CP12 Gas Safe Cert & Lodger & Hob Ventilation Requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock