Search the forum,

Discuss Course Progression from Technical Cert 6035 on to NVQ Level 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Benji0301

Hi All,

I recently started on the 6035 Level 2 Plumbing course at my local college in order to gain relevant knowledge and technical qualification in order to eventually become qualified and start my own business.

Last week one of the lecturers explained to me that I am unable through them to complete the NVQ Level 2 in order to become qualified and any assessments is not able to be carried across to the NVQ...does this sound correct?

I was on the understanding that the technical certificate counted towards 70% of the NVQ?

I am working the odd day here and there with a friend for free who owns his own business in order to get experince, he is qualified with over 5 years experience so I think this covers the criteria for getting the assessments done...just not sure how to proceed from here as I don't want to waste another 9 months on this course if its going knowhere.

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

I am in a similar situation and was wondering what information you might have found out since posting this?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Ben and Steve,
I can assure you, there is definitely progression from C&G 6035 to C&G 6189/54, you will have to sit the Environmental Renewable Energy exam and of course cough up the additional course fee (approx. £900).
You or your Lecturer are confusing level 2 with level 3. The 6035 Level 3, is a complete waste of time. None of the course may be APLed and if you want the NVQ, you must start again on 6189-3.

Hope this Helps
Regards Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Course Progression from Technical Cert 6035 on to NVQ Level 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock