Search the forum,

Discuss Course help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone
im considering a course with train4jobs. I'm not too worried about the cost but i just want to check that what I'm getting is worth it;

• City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma (6035) in Plumbing Studies
  • BPEC Part P Defined Scope Domestic Electrical Qualification
  • BPEC Domestic Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems Certificate
  • BPEC NVQ Level 3
Does this sound okay?
thanks in advance :)

thought thst company wound up 2 years ago?/
any qualification is ok if you work for yourself but, you wont gain employment with those!

Thanks for your help, why would these be no good for employment as id be getting my nvq? Thanks again!

Thanks for the help, why would I not be able to get employed with these, as I thought you needed an nvq which I would get? Or am I missing something?
Thanks again :)

I would think its down to experience things can't be learnt by just reading a book

Okay thanks, I have 4 years experiance just didn't get qualified due to being messed around by employers.

If you're going for the aforementioned quals does that mean you already have levels 1 + 2 ?

If you have got those, are you working as a Plumber now ?

I know nothing about train4jobs but if the idea is that you gain those qualifications and people will want to employ you off the strength of it, you may be in for a bit of a shock.

Those are fairly advanced qualifications if you've no job or experience to match up to them.
I hate putting the damper on anything but I hate the thought of people wasting money even more.

Hope this helps you reach the right decision.

Thanks for the help! I don't have any qualifications, I was near the end of my apprenticeship when things went wrong with my employer, in total I have 4 years experiance. Water side of things I'm pretty good with its just more the heating which I was still getting my head around.

I don't have any qualifications as I was let down by my employer. I've been plumbing for Roughly 4 years. I'm done with the water side of things it's just boilers and heating i was still getting my head around.

the paper quals are required to continue/or start, the nvq stage.
as you have 4 years exp you have a good head start or a proper 'fast track' to be fully qualified.
you can only do the nvq bit with 'on job' work either with an employer or self employed where someone will be out 2-3 times to asses you. with that you will need a portfolio of work done inc gas work with a certified engineer signing off for you.
takes 6-12 months,.
generally, yes. you should be ok with those but its the 'on site' stuff you need to sort wich can be difficult depending how you go about it.

Brilliant thanks, well I do have someone I could work with for the on site assessments. Also they said for the assessments they have sites in which we work on to be assesed. Thanks for the help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Course help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock