1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Corrugated cardboard wall panels in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

:D

The mind of a person it will work now where did I put the mastic

2. mutley racers

mutley racers Plumber GSR

3. mutley racers

Anyone run wastes through joists? Think I read on here you can if you ply both sides?

4. ShaunCorbs

I do but depends on size 1/4 of depth of joists

Normally fill / sister if it’s had old chases in them with 18mm ply

5. EvilDrPorkChop

EvilDrPorkChop GSR

I have a customer who has underfloor heating fitted in his ground floor bathroom from 1980's. I've been told it's just copper pipes wrapped in tape buried in the floor. It was OV and we made the system sealed, was s****** it when we did for leaks etc. it but it's fine. Works a treat, his tiles are lovey and warm when the water is flowing round them at 75oc!

Surprisingly he's had no issues with the tiles. Yet. But after 30 odd years or so it must be fine.

6. mutley racers

This had laminate on it

7. mutley racers

Anyone know what adhesive to use to stick some moisture board to this paramount board to be able to tile onto. The previous just used multi finish and it was a bugger to get off.

8. ShaunCorbs

You mean the plaster board skin ?

If so some bonding / plasterboard bonding etc

9. mutley racers

Thanks. According to the Manufacturer of the bonding agent it isn't a recognized method as meant to be for masonry and block

Other people say like you.

You used layflat? Any easier than standard speed fit.

10. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Layflat much easier

• Like Like x 1
  11. ShaunCorbs

If it’s going tight and the walls are good and plumb I’ve seen some expanding foam stuff never used anything so can’t comment