Search the forum,

Discuss Corgi first visit, to be corgi registered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevenstn61bs@g

Can any one tell me what sort of questions or activities he will ask me to do.
PS i am in Sussex, if any one in Sussex has had one recently please help.

the of things to go over will be the safety side of things how you check ventilation requirements, gas rate an appliance,maybe a soundness check, its not usually an experience test , as its your first visit they cannot check on any appliances you may of notified after installation, they can be useful as well, you can put over any concerns and anxieties you have.
Corgi give good support , and as you start doing the work you should never be affraid of looking for their number on your Corgi card and give them a call they appreciate it and you get the job right,
Its corgi not the Gestapo Good luck in the Job!

Hi thanks for your reply Leakylea,
i am more scared of him coming round my house, then any of the exam's that i took not knowing whether he will grill me about every thing that i know or will it be a bit of this and a bit of that, i hope the later

Hi
As any one had corgi round on there first visit, i would be very interested to here from you, i had a good reply from Leakylea, it was good info, but would like to here from some one who has had there first visit lately.

dont worry my son had his last year chat and relax with the guy he isnt there to crucify you just make sure you are ok with some safety questions..

Mine - which admittedly was about 5 years ago - consisted of me needing to prove to him that I had the mechanical nous to take a boiler to bits and put it safely back together, which took about 3 minutes. The rest of the time was spent with him persuading me why I should buy as much as possible from CORGI direct!

just had my first visit about 2 weeks ago. just asked some questions like ccn1 about testing open flue ect... then gave me my number. gonna come back in a few months and go through one of my jobs. after that you get a rating. if its good they leave you alone for a couple of years.

If you can get off on the right footing with the inspector it will be a huge help in the future. You've only got a couple of months left of Corgi before Capita take over but the chances are that your inspector will transfer over to the new scheme.

Don't expect to be able to reel off all the information from the top of your head. You'll have access to your reference books when your working so he won't expect you to be a walking gas encyclopaedia. Even after 26 years in the industry I still have to refer to the books occasionally.

Mike

Dont forget that you are paying Corgis wages. The hard work is done by getting to the application stage and parting with you money.

My last Corgi visit I was asked the maximum distance the Earth bond connection from the boiler is.

I am a member of the IEE, trained as an electrician and have been Corgi registered since year dot.
I couldn't remember. Told the inspector and looked it up in my book!
You cant know everything but you can check before you fire that boiler up!

Dont forget that you are paying Corgis wages. The hard work is done by getting to the application stage and parting with you money.

My last Corgi visit I was asked the maximum distance the Earth bond connection from the boiler is.

I am a member of the IEE, trained as an electrician and have been Corgi registered since year dot.
I couldn't remember. Told the inspector and looked it up in my book!
You cant know everything but you can check before you fire that boiler up!

That makes sense. They arent going to expect you to know everything inside out, mainly whether you are the kind of person who has the sense to check it all out before installing and commissioning. Which is what the books are there for.

If you have done all the relevant courses then what are you worried about? after all you are fully competent just without the green tick of corgi. They will ask you a few questions and you will have covered this in your course anyway. Nothing to worry about, it is an absolute breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Corgi first visit, to be corgi registered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock