Search the forum,

Discuss core bit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom brennan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys I'm doing a bathroom for my mum and need to core though for the shower waste i don't want to spend a fortune on a core set so i was wondering is this type is any good I've only every used the other type before. its only for one hole.
thanks dom

They are awesome. What drill you using? Titan type one or a wee man? Also pilot and then drill from outside in so not to ruin walls. Some times it's easier to use 8mm drill and remove a brick then drill hole through the inner course and then cut the brick and make good ? Depends on location and construction of house tho.

Really I'm shocked at that response and just a bosch sds think it will be a bit to much for my makita cordless

Any core bit through a wall is too much for a cordless.
the bits you mention are really made for sds max drills.
as ermintrude mentions you need to drill from the outside as these will blow the face off the bricks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 67
the ads I've got says upto 38mm so i doubt an extra 2mm breaking it its an old one anyway

could you not hire a drill and core from a local non national hire centre they are usually cheaper I am from leeds but was working for a uncle at a house last year in south end and it cost me £35 for the drill and set for the day that said I was fuming I forgot my own! unless its rendered I like to core out after its all tiled as its a much neater finish in my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
i never thought of hiring one. I've just bit the bullet and ordered a set £39.99 and i suppose I've always got them if i ever need them again

Those wee tct cores are great if you don't mind a bit breakthrough but the breakthrough is nothing drastic. Take the hammer off with around 10mm to go and it will be quite clean. Any sds will take up to a 50mm no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to core bit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, The kitchen sink in the property we are renting drains really slowly, and I was hoping to remedy or alleviate this with some educated advice. In addition to draining slowly, the sink also back fills when the washing machine pumps water out. I have had the initial undersink work...
Replies
Views
Hi guys first post. I am in the process of rejuvenating a double wash sink. It was needing the waste below looked at for a washing machine and dryer, as it had a sunken elbow and unbeknownst it was a mix of 1 1/4 and 1 1/2, including the sink wastes themselves. I bought new matching 1 1/2...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im a DIY Plumber Im working on moving my plumbing in my basement to the other side of the soon-to-be bathroom. I've busted up the concrete and replumbed all the fixtures and was about to close it up and starting having anxiety that I did it wrong. Hoping someone can help me know whether my...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock