Search the forum,

Discuss Cordless air pump recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

GasChecks

Gas Engineer
Morning all

After several years of using a hand pump to pressurise expansion vessels I have decided to move over to an electric cordless air pump. Does anyone have any recommendations.

Many thanks

Morning all

After several years of using a hand pump to pressurise expansion vessels I have decided to move over to an electric cordless air pump. Does anyone have any recommendations.

Many thanks
Yep. Stick with the manual pump.

I got exhausted trying to pump up the high charge in unvented vessels using a floor pump, so I bought a 240volt case type compressor from Lidl.
Not cordless I know, but does my job.
Noisy though.
Shaun mentioned he buys gas recharges

I got exhausted trying to pump up the high charge in unvented vessels using a floor pump, so I bought a 240volt case type compressor from Lidl.
Not cordless I know, but does my job.
Noisy though.
Shaun mentioned he buys gas recharges
I dont have that problem yet mate. Still young me.:D:p

I like to use an old 12v tyre inflator with a preset...trouble is I have a van full of 12v extension cable.

Stay away from the regin one , the bloody battery drops out when it starts to pump , now held by some gaffer tape . And the selection between bar / psi is useless.. ... I think it's the same unit as other models but with a regin branding.....

I agree I have a region one which my employer provided the battery does drop out and I haven't managed to get 4 bar pressure into a vaillant vessel on and unvented cylinder. Even with a fully charged battery

I use my bike track pump, they're designed to pump easily up to the high pressure road bike tyres are pumped up to (mine does up to 12 bar) and has a bleed button in case you slightly overshoot.

Okay I'm old (get in before you bu66ers) but I still use my SIG air receiver.
It's 24 litres and it take it filled to 8 bar off my compressor. There is nothing it can't fill (yet) vessel wise!
Did David O'Leary's UVC system recently and that has two huge floor standing vessels (something like 50L each) both of which needed topping up. It only just did those tho No batteries to go flat - ever! :cool:

Okay I'm old (get in before you bu66ers) but I still use my SIG air receiver.
It's 24 litres and it take it filled to 8 bar off my compressor. There is nothing it can't fill (yet) vessel wise!
Did David O'Leary's UVC system recently and that has two huge floor standing vessels (something like 50L each) both of which needed topping up. It only just did those tho No batteries to go flat - ever! :cool:
Bit of a name drop there mate?

Reply to Cordless air pump recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock