Discuss Copper to plastic fitting, 22mm to 1.25" waste, so can connect waste to boss on stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Had a job today, someone had been there before, woman had a leak on stack, half the kitchen had been demolished and new inspection point had been put in on stack as that was leaking. I arrived today and she was convinced that was still leaking. No it was coming from above, can see the water trail coming down checked what i could in bathroom, nothing, went to bedroom next door cut hole in boxing to check stack, not much visible.

Back to kitchen cut a new hole in boxing close to ceiling and found the leak, 22mm copper poked in to stack and siliconed up. Not entirely sure where it comes from but my guess is the saniflo on the other side of the house.

Should be going back once customer accepts quote, I've been told there are fittings to go from 22mm copper to waste pipe. I have not seen or heard of these but sounds good.

Do they exist, do you know of them? It they do exist something like this will make my job very easy.

Thanks

Re: Copper to plastic fitting, 22mm to 1.25" waste, so can connect waste to boss on s

22mm - 3/4 male thread and then 3/4 female to plastic I'd assume or something similar

[DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/pipe-fittings/soil-waste-traps-and-overflow/overflow-pipe-fittings/o-f-solv-straight-adaptor-wh.html"]O/f Solv Straight Adaptor Wh - Overflow Pipe & Fittings - Soil, Waste, Traps & Overflow - Pipe & Fittings | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Copper to plastic fitting, 22mm to 1.25" waste, so can connect waste to boss on s

Cant you replace the copper pipe ?

Get a 21.5mm o/flow compression coupler, admittedly I haven't tried it, but would think 22mm copper would fit in it

Pm me your address ash and I`ll send you the step up adjuster and parts we use.

It's like an endless fountain of knowledge on here :)

Using the overflow compression coupler was the only option i had thought of.

Can't remember how much i quoted now but the first price i gave was reasonable and she said it needs to be cheaper i said only way it can be cheaper is if you get the ceiling and boxing cut so i don't need to make further access.

Parts posted this morning 9am first class in a jiffy bag small enough to go through a letterbox so you don`t have to be in mate.

Thank you.

The job has been booked in for next Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Copper to plastic fitting, 22mm to 1.25" waste, so can connect waste to boss on stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back