Search the forum,

Discuss Copper pipe and electric cable in same conduit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen some electric showers with with a condiut trunking running from ceiling to electric shower and the electric cable running in the same conduit. Is this OK. Both are in conduit away from plaster. But is there a building reg that says copper pipe not to touch electric cable.:confused:

I would only tolerate it if the trunking was with a removable cover and had two dividers in the trunking to run the cable in one outer "way" and the copper tube in the other outer "way", so that there is a space between the copper and the wiring

Hi
I think I read that up to 35mm copper pipe electric cable had to be 25mm away.Above 35mm it was then 50mm away.
Hope this is of use.

got me blushing now?.
installed a triton power pumped shower a few weeks ago and used same surface trunking for cold and power. although its low voltage 50v i think.
thats why i did it your honour.
is that ok?.

^^^^ see what Jason says, I guess its a problem with a hot pipe as the cable will overheat. Similarly need to be careful laying cables under insulation.

Yeah! Electric cables generate heat and need to be kept cool. Its amazing how much the carrying capacity of a cable is cut down if you bury it, enclose in a conduit or cover with loft insulation. So its aways best to check. Have a look at Voltimum website and check the 17th Edition out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Copper pipe and electric cable in same conduit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock