Search the forum,

Discuss Copper Cylinder vs Wetvac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had a big 1.8m copper cylinder to take out today, draining the last bits from cold water inlet I put the wetvac on the inlet tilted the cylinder to help matters whilst I did so I placed my hand over the outlet at the top.

Immediately I heard crunching noise, it was only after I took the cylinder out I noticed where the bottom immersion was the cylinder became completely warped like it has been sucked inside itself.

Never knew hoovers could suck with such force :)

Either that or it was a very old and weak cylinder.

vacuum is a very powerful force we prototyped some concrete slab lifting tools about 30 years ago and it surprised everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Copper Cylinder vs Wetvac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
I can't get a consensus on this from four plumbers that have visited. We've been using the system with no prpblems for 7 years - but the cylinder leaks and needs replacing. It's an old and peculiar set up I have onherited after buting my two storey house. I would greatly appreciate any...
Replies
Views
Hi. I’ve just changed out a backup immersion heater on a copper vented cylinder. I’ve leak tested around all the connections to the cylinder using blue paper towel which tends to stain orange with moisture. After 24-48hrs of use not a trace of moisture. However after a week or two I’ve...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, has anyone come across the ACV cylinders, my client has SLE-160 in the loft and there is no drain off boss.. The cold inlet is on the top next to the hot outlet. I need to replace the immersion element located at the bottom of the tank. MI is not helpful. Possibly looking at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock