Search the forum,

Discuss Cooker hood/chimney outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

There's not much condensate out of the top of a vent pipe. I suspect as We all thought and said earlier, The build up of water in the concertina will most likely be from the cooker hood extraction fan taking warm air and water vapour up into the loft. As it enters the cooler section of pipe that is lay down, it will condense and slowly build up in the pipe over time. If someone moved that pipe, the chance are that the water within it would run down to the cooker hood and drip from there.
We (and I think I speak for all of us), do not think that the water has come up the vent pipe and run down the extraction duct. I think the Plumber 1 has maybe knocked or moved the pipe and you are putting two and two together and making 5.

There's not much condensate out of the top of a vent pipe. I suspect as We all thought and said earlier, The build up of water in the concertina will most likely be from the cooker hood extraction fan taking warm air and water vapour up into the loft. As it enters the cooler section of pipe that is lay down, it will condense and slowly build up in the pipe over time. If someone moved that pipe, the chance are that the water within it would run down to the cooker hood and drip from there.
We (and I think I speak for all of us), do not think that the water has come up the vent pipe and run down the extraction duct. I think the Plumber 1 has maybe knocked or moved the pipe and you are putting two and two together and making 5.

Coming back to this - I'm not sure your explanation works. The drip started within 24 hours of the first plumber's visit, and stopped exactly when the second plumber separated the cooker hood outlet from the waste outlet, which had been taped together. (While liquid was dripping through the cooker hood, I didn't use the cooker hood - I didn't switch it on.) If it was a build-up of condensation from the extractor fan, why would it have continued dripping for 1 week and 5 days, and then stopped as soon as the outlets were put out of the roof to vent? You would think that (the vertical position of the pipe) would cause even more liquid to pour in through the cooker hood if it was a matter of accumulated condensation. In the meantime, my cooker hood and hob feel so contaminated, I haven't been able to bring myself to use them. (The cooker hood is probably not working anyway. I would need to get an electrician to test that.)

Reply to Cooker hood/chimney outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock