Search the forum,

Discuss Contracting BG in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

corgiman32

Hi
I'm new to forum and was looking for advise with regards to sub contracting for BG (service & repair), has any other member had experience with regards to quantity of work, sub contracting companies, payment terms, any other advise you feel which would be useful... thanks in advance !!!
Corgiman :

A mate of mine is subbying for them -only servicing though. He loves it 4/5 months now -good experience for him as he's newly qualified to corgi.
He's in Catford (london) area and gets between 10 &12 jobs a day on average. Something like £20 -£25 per job (appliance) depending on appliances ( sometimes 2/3 per property).
Have heard some very negative comments for fulltime employees though !
Hope this helps,
Jon.

I used to sub from BG ten years ago , it was ok then ,I was getting 18 per appliance for the lead appliance and a bit less for the others , its ok if you get all the jobs close together and dont get all back boilers like I used to .I have been speaking to several agencies lately who say you can earn between 800 and 1200 per week , if you think in the region of 900 you wont be dissapointed , you have to go through agencies , they seem to have it all sown up , you have to sit a little exam at BG as well nothing hard mostly ventilation as i remember , they give you a gas analyser to use and really on all modern boilers thats all they want you to do .As I said this was all ten years ago but I have been thinking about going back for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Contracting BG in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock