Search the forum,

Discuss Constant Airlock in 1 feed pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys.

I'm having a consistent Airlock problem with 1 Radiator Feed Pipe, causing 1 Rad not to get hot. It happens about every 10 days or so, until i push it out by turning all other rads off apart from 1 which doesn't get hot. I hear a gurgle and then it pushes water through. I then bleed this rad afterwards and it is perfect for the next 10 days or so until cycle starts again...

It is a downstairs utility room radiator which is fed from the ceiling above it, it is only the 1 pipe which seems to have the problem, it is the only pipe not hot and i'm not really getting much air out anywhere else when bleeding, which makes me think it is a problem local to this pipe only.

I have had the floor up in room above it, and from what i can see the pipe branches from main heating feed and seems to go slightly uphill until it turns 90 degrees and goes down the wall. Could this be the issue the fact that it runs slightly uphill?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

A slight rise in a heating pumped pipe (even if going to a drop) usually won’t cause much problems, except sometimes when draining and refilling a system.
You should also look at system to see if any way air is being absorbed, or if corrosion gases are the cause.
I discovered on a microbore piped system that was constantly every few months having a pipe to one rad air locking, that when I replaced the circulating pump (used a 6m pump) never again had the air lock.
Worth checking your pump is fully functioning, not blocked at impeller and set correctly.

A slight rise in a heating pumped pipe (even if going to a drop) usually won’t cause much problems, except sometimes when draining and refilling a system.
You should also look at system to see if any way air is being absorbed, or if corrosion gases are the cause.
I discovered on a microbore piped system that was constantly every few months having a pipe to one rad air locking, that when I replaced the circulating pump (used a 6m pump) never again had the air lock.
Worth checking your pump is fully functioning, not blocked at impeller and set correctly.

Thanks for the reply, it is a 2 Year old Baxi Megaflo. The pump is in the Boiler i believe, can this be set differently? (Apologies for basic question but i am only a DIY'er!)

Can corrosion cause enough air in system in a 10 day period?

Reply to Constant Airlock in 1 feed pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock