Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting to internal mains suppy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
I need to get a mains feed to a new toilet system, as i live in a bungalow with solid floors the easiest way is to run new pipes from the loft area.
With that in mind I have a mains fed water tank in the loft so is it ok to tap into the mains pipe, just before the the water tank to feed the toilet.
Regards

and stick a ballofix on so you can isolate your work from rest of the system if/when it goes snafu Rob Foster aka centralheatking and look out for the arrow indicating direction of flow they can get grumpy when fitted wong way wound

and stick a ballofix on so you can isolate your work from rest of the system if/when it goes snafu Rob Foster aka centralheatking and look out for the arrow indicating direction of flow they can get grumpy when fitted wong way wound

Alternatively fit a good quality valve when direction does not matter. Oh they will also last 10 times a cheap one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally now use a good quality full bore butterfly as I'm often in confined spaces and a butterfly is less likely to be knocked on or off both of which can be an issue esp knocked on while you're working around it. Horses for courses etc.

Reply to Connecting to internal mains suppy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock