1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Connecting to internal mains suppy in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. ppeetteerr

ppeetteerr New Member

Hello,
    I need to get a mains feed to a new toilet system, as i live in a bungalow with solid floors the easiest way is to run new pipes from the loft area.
    With that in mind I have a mains fed water tank in the loft so is it ok to tap into the mains pipe, just before the the water tank to feed the toilet.
    Regards

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yes just make sure it's insulated

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

and stick a ballofix on so you can isolate your work from rest of the system if/when it goes snafu Rob Foster aka centralheatking and look out for the arrow indicating direction of flow they can get grumpy when fitted wong way wound

4. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Alternatively fit a good quality valve when direction does not matter. Oh they will also last 10 times a cheap one.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  5. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I would use a full bore or lever valve

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. WC1

WC1 Active Member

Generally now use a good quality full bore butterfly as I'm often in confined spaces and a butterfly is less likely to be knocked on or off both of which can be an issue esp knocked on while you're working around it. Horses for courses etc.

• Like Like x 1