Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting 15mm to 19mm (3/4"?) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi I need to connect a 15mm chrome pipe to a 19mm (which I believe equates to 3/4")
Neither pipe has a threaded end.
Is there such a thing as double compression reducing joint?
If not is it possible?
Thanks
Will

Yes you can get a 3/4" x 15mm coupler at most places...

Male Coupler 15mm x ¾

You'll obviously need a nut and olive for the 3/4" end so just go to a plumbers merchants

What is the 19mm pipe made of. Its an odd size in the UK for either copper or steel. You could look at Philmac double ended repair joiner which will join 15 to 21 at each end.

Hello gmartine,

The fitting that You gave the link to is a `3/4" Male Iron to 15mm Copper` - the 3/4" threaded end will not accept a Pipe + Nut & Olive.

The MIC fitting is for screwing into a 3/4" female thread and then connecting to a 15mm Copper pipe.

Chris

Hi steadyon the pipe is chrome. I know it is a odd size. It actually measures a gnats bredth over 18mm but the manufacture says it is 19mm which is 1/16th under 3/4".
It is size of the valve on a shower In Line Diverter made by Hudson reed.
I attempting to create a Frankenstein rigid riser shower as no one appears to make a rigid riser with a hand shower Diverter to be used with a bath shower mixer tap... there are tonnes for exposed valve taps, but they all seem to have 19mm(18mm) pipes.
It is driving me somewhat mad as it seems to be a really obvious product. The only one I can find is made by Burlington and they want 900 quid!
So I want to join two pipes together of different widths and need a coupler that has two compression nuts as the pipe is unthreaded.
Or I need to get the fitting from the bath mixer up to the Diverter made to order (again a cost that I'm sure will be prohibitive)

Pulse the male coupler posted above is brass, even if it did accommodate a nut and olive it would be the wrong colour!

This is a bloody nightmare that has now been ongoing for a month.

The idea for a frankenshower csme from an earlier post on this site. However the In Line Diverter that was suggested has now been discontinued and instead of the original 15mm fittings bristan have changed to, you guessed it, 19mm!!!

Please can someone suggest a solution

:(

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connecting 15mm to 19mm (3/4"?) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm trying to connect 3/4" copper to 22mm copper in an old house. However it appears that the 3/4" is actually slightly smaller (measured at 21.1mm) than it normally is. This means I've been unable to use the special 3/4 to 22mm compression fittings as the olive is just too loose...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a kitchen tap and have run into some trouble when connecting the flexi hot and cold pipes to the hot and cold mains pipes. The connection end of the flexi pipe from the tap is a15mm, however the mains pipe I need to connect to is a 12mm. What connector do I need to buy? So far...
Replies
Views
Adam tl
A
Hi I have a 22mm hot and cold water supply to new bath. The pipes finish with compression valves. I need a 500 mm tap connector hose to connect with half inch thread on the new bath tap. All the connectors at the main plumb merchants are 22mm x 3/4 inch. No one seems able to answer question...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I hope you are doing well. I have this 3.25mm lead-free grade 99c solder wire. I know that the good practice to bend the wire before soldering so you know exactly how much it is absorbed by the flux. I know too little isn't good and too much is as bad. I need to connect two 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
G
HI folks, is it possible/feasible/reasonable to insatll an ufh manifold and system (for a 17m2 room) from a disused CH 15mm flow and return? I would install a 15 to 22mm reducer into a pump then a 2 port manifold then into the floor then. back into the return of the manifold. Its an old...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock