Search the forum,

Discuss confused in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
Same as any other system filter. Its piped that way so the full flow doesn't go through it. It will all go through eventually but the type of filters in them would mean the flow rate through the system would drop considerably as it gathers shyt so when it is full it is just bypassed.

Same as any other system filter. Its piped that way so the full flow doesn't go through it. It will all go through eventually but the type of filters in them would mean the flow rate through the system would drop considerably as it gathers shyt so when it is full it is just bypassed.

As I thought but that's a stupid design as would of thought you would want it before your pump to stop all/ most of the crap going into it

Its for commercial systems. They are not as sensitive to dirt. If you put it in line in most commercial systems it would totally block within a week.

Better to have a filter and a seperate dosing pot.

If you still have the novapress Shaun, I will have it. Pm me your bank details if you have.

Its for commercial systems. They are not as sensitive to dirt. If you put it in line in most commercial systems it would totally block within a week.

Yea but surely that would block and not work as well better off putting a mag filter inline instead of the combined paper and mag filter

All it needs are another two connections and its a low loss header too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to confused in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hi all! as I am attempting my first plumbing project and the stakes are high, I would greatly appreciate picking your experienced brains regarding valves. I am building an overland truck/motorhome and since I will be traveling to remote areas and underdeveloped countries I'd like my plumbing...
Replies
Views
Hi, DIY homeowner here. Ist floor of house. Front bathroom hot water draws from cylinder which is heated by the Greenstar 28i Junior Combi located on the same floor. To get from cylinder to bathroom, the water goes up, horizontally over a stairhead, and back down into the bathroom. After...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock