Search the forum,

Discuss Condensing problems? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What causes condensing oil boilers to stop condensing?
Ive been to a couple of boilers recently where the traps have dried up!!
I dont have this problem with worcester bosch, mainly warmflow and grants, what causes this?
My boss doesnt seem to answer me when i ask him about this, just says its one of those things, and tells me to fill up the trap with water.
Ive been servicing and repairing boilers for about 6 years now and have not come across this untill now!!

Is that still applicable to combi boilers? I know the fgt in warmflows if higher than other boilers, does that play a part in it? I had to replace a door seal on a warmflow today as the rubber was heated and gone brittle and dissintigrated!! I like to understand why things happen so this bugged me a fair bit!!

I followed someone who used to drop the co2 down but the flue temp would go up and it use to kill the baffles so that could probably do something like that.

Also system not set up correctly.

Is that still applicable to combi boilers? I know the fgt in warmflows if higher than other boilers, does that play a part in it? I had to replace a door seal on a warmflow today as the rubber was heated and gone brittle and dissintigrated!! I like to understand why things happen so this bugged me a fair bit!!

Both answers given are reasons why boiler won't condense.
I would think a very strong possibility is too much air adjustment for the burner.
Simple way to test is when you are setting a condensing oil boiler with low flue is just turn air up about 10 or 20% and you will see plume stopping. Obviously not right to have boiler going like that and very inefficient.
The door seals on the Warmflows secondary heating exchanger will disintegrate in 2 or more years. This is partly due to higher fgt of those boilers and the fact it is just a rubber seal.
Warmflow recommend you change those 2 years max. It is a flue seal basically and fumes will escape, so I replace them every year. Grant boilers better design and lower fgt

It can be a balancing issue. The returning temperature should be BELOW 55 degrees.
(pre condensing was often set at 11 degrees for radiators)
the system differential should be 20 degrees for radiators or 10 degrees for underfloor heating
A differential of 20 degrees is correct across each radiator size the radiators based on a 60 degree operation. so if the flow is 70C with rads the return should be 50C with Underfloor the flow is lower ie 50C and returns at 40C. when filling in the CD11 commissioning form the flow and return pipe temperatures should be measured and recorded. GOING back to the old system with 11C differential and the new boiler flow of 70C the return will be 59C and there will be NO condensing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensing problems? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
I recently had a service on my worcester bosch boiler by Warmserve supposedly reputable which is under guarantee and before the service I had no problems but straight after the service I had a leak from the boiler which when the service engineer came back told me I needed a new condensate trap...
Replies
Views
Help Please We have a 2005 Worcester Bosch Oil Heatslave 26/32 that is fitted with the optional timer. Recently we have a problem. To get either the heating or hot water to switch on the timer has first to be set for both to be ON but this just prepares the unit as neither will switch on at...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads. I'm trying to make sure that the return temperature to the boiler are less than 55 degrees to ensure condensing is occurring. But in the service menu it only shows the primary heat exchanger...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
Have a problem with an oil fired AGA conversion Has been no problem for 5 years, now goes out 12 to 36 hours after lighting, have checked fire valve, and have installed seperate line from tank to feed AGA went for 3 weeks one time, then went out due high winds. Has now started same pattern Help...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock