Search the forum,

Discuss Condensing mode when does it happen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all , I live in new build house with condensing boiler and unvented cylinder , what I would like to know is if my boiler is ever in condensing mode and how I could find out.
I have read that the return needs to be around 55 degrees c to reach dew point which I guess is when the residual energy is taken from the flue gases , I would like to understand how this works . Thanks in advance.
How’s

You’re pretty much there. The return temp needs to be at that temp to extract the last available heat possible enabling the gases to condense. If the temperature were higher due to oversized boiler or poorly piped up system/return etc etc then condensing mode won’t happen and the boiler will be less efficient.

But in this cold weather, with temperatures below freezing, you might need to turn your boiler stat up higher than normal and this will mean the boiler will not reach full condensing mode.
Particularly if your radiators are undersized.
Not to worry too much, as a condensing boiler will still condense and extract more heat from fuel than an old boiler would.

Hi all , I live in new build house with condensing boiler and unvented cylinder , what I would like to know is if my boiler is ever in condensing mode and how I could find out.
I have read that the return needs to be around 55 degrees c to reach dew point which I guess is when the residual energy is taken from the flue gases , I would like to understand how this works . Thanks in advance.
How’s
To get the full condensing benefit the return water should probably be -40/45C in order to get the flue gases as low as possible, however as stated elsewhere yor will still get 5 to 7 p.cent more efficiency than that of a non condensing boiler as the flue gas temperature will be - 100 to 120C lower because of the second heat exchanger fitted. The full condensing effect, depending on type of fuel, should increase the efficiency by a further 6 to 9 p.cent.

How’s
What boiler have you got?

Thankyou all for your responses , we hear so much about alleged modern money savers and its good to know how it works and what to look for regards howy

Reply to Condensing mode when does it happen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees but still. Flow set to 60 degrees for now. 1.Obviously I want to ensure the return temperature into the boiler is below the 55 ish degrees needed for...
Replies
Views
Hi. Was looking for a house on sale the other day and just wanted something confirmed to me... Was there ever a time when a condensing boiler could have been legally fitted, and in accordance with MIs, with a 22mm overflow used as an external condensate pipe... and with that condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating Not Working Normally. When I turn on the heating, it doesn’t start. However, I still receive hot water, suggesting the boiler does work in some...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I was wondering if you set a boiler flow temperature at lets say 50 degrees and your unvented indirect cylinder is at 55 degrees - is it the case your cylinder will never reach up to temperature, or will it reach the temperature but just take longer? I have an older boiler where I can...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone i have a Baxi 424 combi the system working fine but the maximum tempruter on the screen reach only 57 degrees for heater and 51 degrees for tap water this happened after a visit from (obviously) unqualified tecnichichan to fix a minor leak on the boiler, which initaly didn't efect...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock