Search the forum,

Discuss Condensing boiler problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, please can you help me solve this.

My condensing boiler (Glow worm Betacom 3 - 30c ) leaks what I think is condensate as it's not clean water.

I think I'm not using my boiler enough?? I live alone and work away so the boiler doesn't get used much. It only happens in summer when the heatings never on and the hot waters only on minimal as I have a electric shower.

I can be away for a week to come home to a puddle that's leaked out of the boiler and when I take the front cover off its all wet inside the casing. I turn the hot water on and the boiler starts rumbling and vibrating for a few seconds then ok. It rumbles an vibrates when I'm home as well but only when demand is low.

In winter it is fine because it's on everyday with the heating. Would switching my boiler off when I'm away stop it leaking?

Thanks for any advice

it shouldnt leak full stop even if you dont use it for months at a time

dont remove the cover to the gas appliance please, also dont run the appliance without the cover on

best to get a gas safe engy out to check it over as something isnt right

it shouldnt leak full stop even if you dont use it for months at a time

dont remove the cover to the gas appliance please, also dont run the appliance without the cover on

best to get a gas safe engy out to check it over as something isnt right

Hi thanks for your reply take a look at the picture is leaking from the purposely there hole but why?

IMG_20180603_210404.jpg

thats not good it its leaking from there :D as thats the air intake tube

cover back on please

Sound like a possible issue with the flue. You need a gas safe engineer to have a look as soon as possible

Are you sure the condensate outlet to the drain is fitted and draining ok? Also is rainwater coming back down the flue?
Otherwise could be incorrectly fitted flue or internal blockage both of which would need an engineer to look at.

Are you gas safe registered? If not the case should not have been taken off. Please do not do that again.

You need a gas engineer to check the integrity of the flue and repair the fault once found . kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensing boiler problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock