Search the forum,

Discuss Condense pipe is leaking under the boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I have a newly fitted heat only boiler that is leaking at the point where the condense pipe enters the rubber fitting under the boiler. The siphon is not blocked and runs freely.

Any ideas?

It was only installed yesterday. My initial thought is a partial blockage in the condense pipe. Is that possible? Maybe water is backing up as the leek only happens when the heating kicks in on the initial fire up then stops. I had the thing running for over an hour yesterday with no problems whilst commissioning.

Solved!
As I suspected. Cut the condense pipe under the sink, outcomes the backed up water and what looks like grit, not my doing as always plug to stop that happening.
Drain clearing spring down the condense towards the kitchen sink waste and hey presto!

Solved!
As I suspected. Cut the condense pipe under the sink, outcomes the backed up water and what looks like grit, not my doing as always plug to stop that happening.
Drain clearing spring down the condense towards the kitchen sink waste and hey presto!

alu oxide? was the last boiler and alu heat exchanger ?

Reply to Condense pipe is leaking under the boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I have a condensate pipe that appears to be leaking at the joint. How do I fix the leak? Would something like plumbers putty around the joint work or does it need to be some other compound? Can I simply pull the pipe and joint out and then put the compound round it Thanks
Replies
Views
G
I recently had a service on my worcester bosch boiler by Warmserve supposedly reputable which is under guarantee and before the service I had no problems but straight after the service I had a leak from the boiler which when the service engineer came back told me I needed a new condensate trap...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock