Search the forum,

Discuss Condensation build up in pump pcb G 30CDI? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working on a Grecnstar 30CDI system boiler which had a pump fault. There are no leaks on the boiler and it has had a replacement pump and a full service.
I got called back as the elec tripped. I checked the pump and there appeared to be moisture in the sealed PCB housing on the pump. I dried it out and the boiler then worked fine. I came and checked 2 days later and more moisture build up. There is no sign of water ingress from anywhere on the pump casing. Has anyone come across this as I cannot work out why this is happening. Worcester could not shed any light on it either. If i leave it for too long the moisture will fry the pump pcb and trip the power again and I don't want that.

Are you gas safe registered?

And any other components damp / condensing

Did you swap the pump head ?

Not leaking from around the flange ?
Not leaking from around the flange ?
not that i can see. i am going to go back and replace the back plastic housing manifold just in case it is deformed or cracked but it doesn't look like it is. at least then it has had a whole new pump assembly so everything is new. I am positive no water is leaking in there. boiler pressure good and no water marks anywhere else on the boiler.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensation build up in pump pcb G 30CDI? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock