Search the forum,

Discuss Condensate into rain water pipe...YAY or NAY?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh for gods sake as someone who has just had a brand new boiler installed and that boiler has gone kaput because of this issue water back fill into boiler I will tell you why plumbers do this because it's easy and quick, then they are off hoping it down t back up too quickly . Oh for a plumber who takes into account this risk and installs correctly to save thier customers boiler but the they just say it's guaranteed call the manufacturer and the manufacturer says it's the plumbers fault arghh arghh you might guess me and my family are pretty upset

with a name like yours surely you could have done it correctly and btw this is a rather old thread

? Not sure the relevance of how old three is or not , did a search on line and saw all these posts about putting condensate pipe into down pipe and everyone saying they do it, no consideration for the poor customer and family when the rain backs up . Hope you are warm and have hot water bud

? Not sure the relevance of how old three is or not , did a search on line and saw all these posts about putting condensate pipe into down pipe and everyone saying they do it, no consideration for the poor customer and family when the rain backs up . Hope you are warm and have hot water bud

done it as well, but into a new hopper to give an air gap, simple

I do! Please register and start a new thread and feel free to fully vent your frustrations there. If you've already registered please stay logged in when posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensate into rain water pipe...YAY or NAY?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Our boiler is in the loft and I encountered a leak in a roof above our side extension store room which has transpired to be from the boiler condensate pipe. It was cracked at an elbow so the plumber we use has replaced this and hopefully all will be well with that joint. This later prompted me...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it should be but I'm fitting an upgraded external pipe setup to include insulation. The inner 22mm pipe mates with the 32mm pipe just inside the house. It...
Replies
Views
I am seeking some advice on how to seal up my sump pit. I currently get condensation on the walls and floor around the pit, and in the past there has been accumulation of mold on the walls, due to about 6" of standing water in the bottom of the pit. The air also smells bad and is somewhat...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock