Search the forum,

Discuss Concealing pipe in dot and dab in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice. Currently modernising my downstairs toilet. I am wanting to hide my hot and cold water feeds to basin. Wall type is dot and dab onto breeze block. Use of copper or plastic is fine. Can anyone explain best practice chasing them into walls and if need to insulate/ lag them if bonding will be put over the top.

Photos attached is the pipework.
Any help would be appreciated.

pipework.JPG

pipework1.JPG

Use either plastic or copper pipe 15 or 10mm, when chasing in make sure you have at least 10mm clear to the face of the plasterboard, (if using copper wrap duct tape along the tube to completely cover it) firmly fix the pipes, then cover with silver foil tape and plaster in.

Thanks for that. What is the 10mm clearance for? Is duct tape a means to protect the pipe? is the silver tape for plastic so it can be identified when concealed?

Also if it ok to have soldered joints in inaccessible areas. I know its best practice not to have push fits in areas that you cant get to but just thinking about copper?

thanks

Thanks for that. What is the 10mm clearance for? So you can plaster over Is duct tape a means to protect the pipe? Yes for copper to prevent corrosion is the silver tape for plastic so it can be identified when concealed? Yep

Also if it ok to have soldered joints in inaccessible areas. I know its best practice not to have push fits in areas that you cant get to but just thinking about copper?

In my opinion it's OK to have soldered joints in inaccessible areas, pressure test them before covering to ensure they are sound.

Reply to Concealing pipe in dot and dab in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock