1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Concealed shower arm to hose union backplate? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Wormaldo

Wormaldo New Member

Hi all!

I'm installing a concealed shower on to a solid (breeze) wall, all the pipework and fittings are going through/into the wall, which is being covered in pvc panels.
    I would normally stud the wall out but space is a premium.
    I can't fit the shower arm to a fitting once the panels are on as I won't be able to get to it, unless I take a piece of wall out (not ruled out yet).
    Is there any issue with attaching the 1/2" shower arm to a hose union wallplate?
    I could fit one sunk in the wall, fit the panels them attach the shower arm through the panel?

TIA

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

No problem using a 1/2 backplate to 15mm

Just use a soldered one

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wormaldo

Wormaldo New Member

That's what I thought, thanks!
    I was thinking one like this from Screwfix https://www.screwfix.com/p/hose-union-back-plate-15mm/56415 but they say "for use with hose bib tap only" and "not for use with shower"
    It's the same as a backplate elbow but it's straight, soldered to a length of copper and goes straight through the wall.
    Nobody seems to know why.

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!