Search the forum,

Discuss Concealed / pre-wall basin waste conections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am renovating a bathroom and seeking advice regarding basin waste pipe connections in concealed walls, pre-walls. Can anyone advise me what waste connection / socket is actually left in the wall in a scenario similar to this image assuming that the basin wall is internal and the waste runs vertically down inside the wall. I was hoping to have all the concealed pipes solvent weld but obviously the chrome trap pipe has to go into something?

file.php

Any advice welcome !

Cheers

Neil

That all depends on whether it was done correctly in the first place.

Sorry for not being clear, the picture is just an example. My scenario is similar but I will be ripping out and starting again, I know will be using a chrome bottle trap and want to conceal waste pipes in the wall. I would prefer to have the concealed wastes solvent weld but it isn't clear what the the first "In wall" connection should be.

Everything behind the wall should be solvent weld, the last connection (outside of the wall) will be a compression joint.

Either

Some chrome pipes come sized to fit pushfit waste.

But I don't use pushfit.

Or an elbow or straight compression connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Concealed / pre-wall basin waste conections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock