Search the forum,

Discuss Concealed connection - tape or thread sealant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have a Grohe concealed shower valve I’m in installing and the casing it has 1/2 inch BSP-P female threads built into the box. Therefore I need to attach 1/2 inch BSP male to 15mm fittings to allow me to connect up the pipes.

As I will be tiling over I wanted to ensure the best libg term water tight connection between the female to male threads - is PTFE tape ok on its own or should I use some sort of thread sealant instead - if so any advice on product. When googling I have seen quite a few US forums suggesting you need to use both, think that’s what has thrown me.

I have currently used tape but wanted to double check before proceeding

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Alex

Not sure I completely understand what connections you are trying to make, but if you are trying to seal on threads I'd use Loctite 55 only. Rough the male threads up very slightly with a file, wrap the Loctite 55 cord round in the right direction (clockwise looking at the end of the thread onto which the female fitting will screw) and tighten up. Use enough cord to give a tight fit. I'd suggest starting with about 10 wraps. You wrap it around and across the peaks of the threads.

As above loctite 55 or 577

Test before you fill in tho / tile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Concealed connection - tape or thread sealant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from. Why I think its I've used calipers on the threads and counted them, and the male end sticking out of the vessel is BSPT 3/4 with 14 threads per inch...
Replies
Views
Morning all. I hope this is the correct place for this post. If not i'll happily move it to another forum area. I am renovating a property and the old cast iron radiators need a refresh, and i'm going to fit some new bleed valves amongst other things. The female thread in most of the rads...
Replies
Views
I am trying to source adaptors/reducers for the below taps for my renocation We have the tap ware currently but Union adaptors are needed to fit the Australian copper pipe sizes of ½ and ¾ Can anyone suggest where to get these? Thank you in advance Antony Tap 1 From the USA - has a 3/8 pt...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi I have a 22mm hot and cold water supply to new bath. The pipes finish with compression valves. I need a 500 mm tap connector hose to connect with half inch thread on the new bath tap. All the connectors at the main plumb merchants are 22mm x 3/4 inch. No one seems able to answer question...
Replies
Views
Hi I've purchased a GROHE | Euphoria 260 Exposed Shower ( looks nice ) however Im missing some initial connecting adapters the installation instructions say it comes with " easy install adapters " and threaded tape ....I have neither of these ,all I have is the " S " unions ... so I did a bit of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock