Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Concealed Cistern - help with changing flush valve in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. CatAdelova

CatAdelova Member

Hi guys

Firstly...go easy on me! I’m a site basher, I’ve installed loads of Concealed cisterns but never had to fix one! I’m venturing into the world of domestic maintenance and it’s nerve wracking!

So is it really possible to change a flush valve through the hole where the flush plate is?!
    I had a look at one today and it needs replacing, Cistern is behind fully tiled boxing.

It doesn’t seem possible I can get it out the hole, but then it must do right? Otherwise what do I do?

Thanks!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

yes normally do you know the brand?

3. CatAdelova

CatAdelova Member

Not too sure. I’ve attached a photo of that helps!

27827844-A5A6-4E07-ABDA-5A06A9696B0F.jpeg

4. ShaunCorbs

5. CatAdelova

CatAdelova Member

Thanks so much!
    And I can get that out through the hole? I don’t need access to the rest of the Cistern.

6. ShaunCorbs

dont have a clue i would try taking the old one out it should fit but cant be 100% as ive never seen that type fully built in

7. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Twist it the wrong way and you might break the securing lugs :(

8. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Why does it need replacing?