Search the forum,

Discuss Company breaking law! Need advice! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SuperTrooper

I was wondering what the punishment for a company using unqualified members of staff to cap gas mains would be. What kind of fine would they expect? would they be closed down?
I am not a plumber and it is not me who is undertaking this work,
thanks

Working with gas requires relevant qualifications, warns HSE

January 15, 2008

Working with gas requires relevant qualifications, warns HSE
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) have warned workers to be careful when working with gas after an appliance installer without the necessary qualifications was jailed.

David Mountford, from Longton, Stoke on Trent, was imprisoned for six months on four charges of HSE Prohibition Notices and two charges of falsely claiming CORGI registration.

Dr Janice Dale, HSE investigating inspector, welcomed the jailing of Mr Mountford after a lengthy investigation into his activities.

"HSE has pursued a long investigation of Mr Mountford's activities and we are therefore pleased that the seriousness of his activities has been recognised in the sentence," she said.

Dr Dale added that anyone undertaking gas work must be CORGI registered. If an installer does not have their ID card, then they should not be let into a property.

The court heard that work was often carried out under different names, including David Mansfield, and using different company titles.

Every year approximately 25 people die from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues that have not been properly installed or maintained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Company breaking law! Need advice! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock