Search the forum,

Discuss comissioning a combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi im a newly gas safe registered engineer but been a plumber for a few years.
iv just installed my first combi boiler and i need to comission it and fill in the relevent paperwork. i know how to comission it but im not 100% sure can someone please help me and tell me the full procedure and paperwork details (cp12 and benchmark) and where i have to send the paperwork off to.

i know its a bit of a silly question but i would really appreciate it as i feel i have a big responsibility to the my job correct for health and safety reasons.

thanks!! ;)

You should install and commission as per the MI's. Fill in the benchmark details i.e., gas rate, co/co2 ratio, flow and return temps etc., instruct the customer in the safe operation and notify the boiler installation accordingly. Leave the paperwork for the customer, filling in all your details so there is a record that you installed and commissioned the boiler as per MI's. You don't need to send any paperwork away if you notify the boiler install online through gas safe website. Hope this helps a little.

You should install and commission as per the MI's. Fill in the benchmark details i.e., gas rate, co/co2 ratio, flow and return temps etc., instruct the customer in the safe operation and notify the boiler installation accordingly. Leave the paperwork for the customer, filling in all your details so there is a record that you installed and commissioned the boiler as per MI's. You don't need to send any paperwork away if you notify the boiler install online through gas safe website. Hope this helps a little.

wicked thanks alot very informative.i keep hearing from people you have to like send paperwork off but like what youve just told me iv heard you can do it online via the gas safe website which im a member of. how do i check the flow and return temps??i have a FGA but what tool would i need for recording the temps?just a normal thermometer? thanks again

If your FGA has temperature clamps, measure the temp on the flow and return using them, otherwise get a digital thermometer and a set of pipe clamps for it. Don't try using a laser thermometer as you cant get an accurate enough reading.

No question is silly. You have to register the boiler for Building Regs part L Compliance. You can do this through Gas Safe Register or other approved Competent person schemes(CPS). As previously mentioned Commision boiler in accordance with MI's and instruct customer about its use.

And fill out the warranty card as some manu's will not honour the guarantee without it being registered.

Gas Safe will register some manufacturers warrantys for you when you register the boiler with them.

Inform customer re servicing as to validate the warranty to continue after year 1, if a 2 or 5 year warranty.
Pop the date of installation in your dairy & ring them the month before, most customers love this standard of care, you'll have a good customer for life.

cheers guys! i have to commission it today hope it goes oright. thanks again you guys help me out alot :D

does the relevant paperwork come with the boiler or do you need to get it seperately from a supplier ?

Benchmark sheet is usually printed in the servicing book, warranty card and guarantee comes with boiler.

i too am newly registered with gas safe and I'm commissioning my first combi early next week.

i have a bit of doubt in my mind as to the testing of the flow/return temps for CH. Am i right in thinking I can record the temps at any stage of the heating being on (i.e. as soon as the boiler is fired up even if system is ambient temp, or does the boiler need to be on for a certain amount of time)

my guess is that i'm just recording the rise in temperature so doesn't matter what the return temp is.

i'd be grateful if someone could confirm this.

Thanks.

Let the system heat up properly and then check it. It's more the difference between the flow and return temps they're interested in. I.e how much heat is being used around the system.

When I see posts like this is really does makeme wonder the the F*** is going on with our trade/industry these days

Check max and min rates too when FGA'ing. Dont presume because the boiler is new the valve is set right.
Dont be too quick to adjust (providing it can be adjusted - many zero guvs now are factory set) so do let system get upto temp and then take readings.
More advice regarding this is in the Mi and also a Tb re setting hi/low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to comissioning a combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation. Have a bit of a question for our resident gas people, if you can possibly help me out here. The vendors seem to have lost the installation invoice, but...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock