Discuss "Come to the dark side, Rich".The end of the line! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

thereisawizza

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

As a Vaillant stalwart for many years have now become a trifle fed up. Every year I fit more and more of the things, find an ecoTEC for every situation, have nice stock of flue bends etc, used to controls wiring etc.... Every year after they are fitted Vaillant contact the customer with a letter that infers the only way to qualify for the second years warranty is to have THEM service the appliance. It also infers that it may only be safe if they do it. I send out reminders to all of my customers round service time but if the Vaillant letter arives first, the scare tactics normally works, I ring as a courtesy to make sure they recieved my letter and by then they have it booked with Vaillant.

Spoke to rep who informed me if the box was ticked on the warranty slip this would not happen but guess what? :)I only fit around 12 boilers a year, mostly do repairs etc so am obviousy not important enough when voting with my feet!

Am looking at Viessman boilers at the mo as alternative, not keen on going down the Worcs route as replaced more Greenstar fans than I had Burger Kings over the winter! Any other suggestions guys? My customers always have the option of a cheap cost effective boiler and the Vaillant on the same quote, so no need to scrape the bottom of the barrel. Ideas all welcome!

BAXI better than valiant and Worcester IMHO ,join the works they will tell your custard to contact you for a service

Have a look at Intergas (sounding like a stuck record, think I have mentioned them here 3 times today), don't think they'll steal your custards.

Heard throught the grape vine today that Vaillant rep sais about our departure "don't care, it's only 20 boilers a year". Makes ya feel all warm inside......

remeha are the new vailant mate stick it on the wall and forget about it try and find a local rep they give good discounts even on 12 a year

Remeha are dutch from what i have been told and the only thing to come out of holland thats any good are DJ's, clogs and cheese . Starting to like viessman fiited a few now hearing good reports on alpha's as well .

remeha are the new vailant mate stick it on the wall and forget about it try and find a local rep they give good discounts even on 12 a year

remeha now own baxi,the main 30 he eco and new 105a have remeha heat exchangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to "Come to the dark side, Rich".The end of the line! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock