Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Combined WC bidet in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Luggsey

Luggsey New Member

I'm building a house and wanted to fit a bidet WC for my elderly parents.
    I'm just looking into the regs (WRAS if that's what's required to meet building regs) and realised it's a bit of a minefield!
    So basically the regs state the wc bidet will be Catagory 5 and require air break water supply.
    It's not reasonable for me to introduce separate water tanks and heating for one bidet so I'm exploring options.
    I found this:
    Nabic 256A Pipe Interrupter / Backflow Preventer - Nabic Valves Online
    Which on the face of it looks like it satisfies requriments but is there a better cheaper way?
    Double check valves are not suitable for category 5 so these alone won't satisfy regs.
    There must be a cost effective way of doing this?
    Thanks.

2. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

You are looking too deep, if you purchase a wras approved product and install it correctly it will by definition comply ,air breaks are mandatory except in speciality niche products tested by the PAG at Wras Rob Foster aka centralheatking

3. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I had this a few years back. Not worth the risk in my humble opinion. WRAS didn’t know the answer manufacturer said “I think it’ll be ok” so I pulled out

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Luggsey

Luggsey New Member

Thanks for the advice, cost is the problem with this route, the only suitable bidet WC appears to be a Roca unit for about £1700 which blows the budget big time!
    A Valeria wc bidet and the correct approved valve may be lees then £500 ..

5. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Somebody who`s name escapes me right now does a unit that replaces the toilet pan seat, that said it may or may not be approved for use here in the uk but I have seen one here.

6. Rob Foster

I have got it now, sorry , contact Regal Care Ormskirk ask for Darren, he will talk you thro it they. Supply and will fit if you want , bought loads of gear for this sector from this lot ,they are not Mickey Mouse been trading with them for over a decade now off and on
    Rob Foster aka centralheatking

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luggsey

Luggsey New Member

Yes it's less of a problem with a seat unit but I wanted a all in one bidet wc so it falls into category 5 rules..

8. gmartine

gmartine GSR

9. Luggsey

Luggsey New Member

I'll contact them on Monday and see what they suggest.
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Luggsey

Luggsey New Member

That's cheaper then the one I found anyway!
    As far as I can see you need the pipework to be above the highest point so the flow drops verticaly through the valve to make it work, easily done on a new build.

11. Riley

And I contacted wras and they told me these valves are not suitable. Grey area continues.

12. Luggsey

Luggsey New Member

Does that simply mean it's not worth the manufacturer having them tested for approval due to the tiny amount that would be sold I wonder?
    If it's catagory 5 on a urinal then it must work logically on a toilet pan?

13. Riley

Could be completely perfect for the job but if something goes wrong it’s going to be your @rse on the line if wras no likey

14. Luggsey

Luggsey New Member

I just read the Nabic one is Wras approved.
    Happy days I hope!
    I'll call them Monday.

15. Rob Foster

All my products that my company design and produce which are anyway near the drinking water supply are and always will be Wras approved
    It costs a fortune for each and every one each time but it is essential Centralheatking

• Like Like x 1