Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Combi has internal leak in the New Member Introductions area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. MarkGPM

MarkGPM New Member

Hi am new to this forum.a signed up looking for advise.i have a worchesrer 28cdi combi and when a checked it yestersay i saw the presure was down as soon as went to top it up warer starting pouring boiler,after i removed the cover the leak is coming from the copper pipe inside it has a white collar type thing around the pipe,can anyone tell me what the white is and whats inside it and it be fixed cheers

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Put the cover back on and please call a gas safe engy out

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Oh no !!!

4. MarkGPM

MarkGPM New Member

Do yous think its bad.last thing i want is scottish gas coming and condeming my boiler.canba find anything online to what is under the collar if it push fit or what would post a pic of it but no sure how to upload one

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Sorry to say really your not supposed to remove the cover as your not gas safe and it's a room sealed appliance

6. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Are you Gas Safe Registered? Probably not. Are you trained to take the case off a room sealed appliance? Probably not. Do yourself a favour and pop the case back on and call Scottish gas m out on an emergency call out mate.

7. MarkGPM

MarkGPM New Member

The cover is back on but had to dry up the water last thing i was needing was the water going in to electrics and make it worse hope it is a simple fix for scottish am sure you can still get all spare parts for the boiler

• Like Like x 1