Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler issue - heating and hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I need advice on my boiler please.

My Combi boiler has started making a really loud ‘scraping’ type sound when the hot water is running. It sounds like something is scratching or scraping.
The hot water then turns cold and only goes back hot if you turn the tap slightly so that the water runs much slower - then it runs very very hot. The pressure gauge on the boiler fluctuates up and down when the hot water is run.

Since this happened I also have problems with my radiators. It started with the radiator in the living room not working, but the rest in the house are fine.
My partner bled all the radiators to remove the air and repressurised the boiler. This did nothing to help.
As time has gone on, my 2nd downstairs radiator has now stopped coming on. (We have 2 downstairs and 3 upstairs).
The boiler doesn’t make the scraping noise when the heating is on.
I have also noticed that when the heating fires on, the boiler fires up as normal. The temperature builds up to around 80 (on the digital display on the boiler) and then it switches off and quickly loses heat dropping to around 44. Then it will fire back up and repeat over and over.

I’m now really struggling to get the house warm, I’m pregnant and have a 5 year old. I’m waiting for my landlord to get a plumber out but it’s going to be at least another month before this happens.

Can you help me identify the problem and give an idea of the size of the job to repair?

Just to add, the boiler was fitted brand new in 2015.

Thank you

You have a young child and you’re pregnant your LL has obligations so don’t be fobbed off. There is nothing you can do you need a gas safe engineer. If it’s not a dodgy install it’s possibly still under warranty

Email the landlord (make sure you have written proof giving him 7 days to sort the issue).

If there no response or action inform him you’re got to stop paying the rent and going to get the boiler sorted.

Reply to Combi boiler issue - heating and hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock