Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the benchmark sheet been filled out (back of the book)?
Has it been registered with Worcester and Gas safe?

What type of boiler make is it? I know the logics only need a 15mm gas run. I'm assuming it was gas rated and had all the pressures taken when it was commissioned.

Pipework isn't great but depends what was on the quote to start with, sometimes I would like to repipe everything in properties but you can only do so
ipe to the biliiler is a 22mm connector??
What type of boiler make is it? I know the logics only need a 15mm gas run. I'm assuming it was gas rated and had all the pressures taken when it was commissioned.

Pipework isn't great but depends what was on the quote to start with, sometimes I would like to repipe everything in properties but you can only do so much.

I'm no plumber, but I have been on a course to learn the basics. This work is a perfect example of "bodge-it-and-scarper". I would have produced much tidier work, and as I said, I'm a happy handyman. My limited experience of gas regulations tells me that 22mm pipe is preferred in these situations, right back to the meter. I'd say that installing 22mm for the last foot or so is just taking the Sod. The burnt paint on the wall is atrocious. It tells the story of the plumber's incompetence. There are far too many of these "heating engineers" out there who don't have a clue.

All combi boilers 22mm from meter if 15mm connection on comb then 22mm to within 300mm of connection

Just not true. You can work out the size of the gas run and sometimes 15mm will suffice. Although blindly putting in 22mm will cover yourself most of the time.

Just not true. You can work out the size of the gas run and sometimes 15mm will suffice. Although blindly putting in 22mm will cover yourself most of the time.
I bow to your superior knowledge, because it makes sense. The "Gas Safe engineer" who told me 22mm back to the meter was spouting Rubbish, then. No surprises there. I didn't employ him as he seemed only to be interested in spending as much time and money on the installation as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock