Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler install doesn't seem quite right. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've just had a back boiler removed and combi boiler installed and have noticed that my radiators are heating up when using the hot water. I've been told this is due to the residual heat being moved around the system once the hot water is satisfied. But the radiators are heating up as soon as i start to use the hot water not afterwards unless i turn off the TRV's on the radiators. I've checked the position of the diverter valve via the boiler and it says it's in position 2 (DHW).

Any idea as to what's going on here, I'm i right in thinking that something isn't quite right with the install or is this normal?

much thanks for any advice.

They do dump the heat into the rads after a hot water cycle but shouldn’t do it at the same time

What boiler do you have ?

Viessmann’s have had a few issues with the diverter valves best to phone them up for a warranty call

Viessmann’s have had a few issues with the diverter valves best to phone them up for a warranty call
I did initially suggest that to the engineer that installed it but he said it wouldn't be that. But this time i'll mention the fact that the radiators are heating up as the hot water is being used and not afterwards. Hopefully he'll take a closer look at it.

Thanks for your input.

Don't know if this will prove anything or not but think about it, with both CH and DHW off (boiler off) open a HW tap to give a small flow of say 1LPM but not high enough to fire the boiler, then switch on the CH and see if the water still runs cold.

Reply to Combi boiler install doesn't seem quite right. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock