Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Cold morning start up problem in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Some ideas, -
    Disconnect any air snorkel.
    or
    Replace nozzle, as even a brand new nozzle could be faulty or get damaged
    or
    Check if air shutter is actually moving
    Check air route including fan and to blast tube is all clear and no dead mouse, etc.
    Consider possibility burner motor might be running slow, although unlikely.
    Keep oil pressure to what it should be, - really best it is at the higher setting

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  2. Gazzt

Gazzt Active Member

photo.JPG I had a mouse break down. Autopsy report said "electrodes working well"

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Best

Sterling job!
    Surprised a mouse could get into that Sterling burner.
    The B11 burners are always a problem and just a large mouse trap

4. Robert Tyrrell

Robert Tyrrell GSR

It's branded as Trianco but it looks very much like an RDB1 and there's no snorkel on it at all.

5. Robert Tyrrell

Robert Tyrrell GSR

New nozzle at service around 6 weeks ago. Changed it again when I changed the pump. Nothing in the airways, Motor appears to be running well, and the air shutter look as though it's moving but I didn't take it apart to check so that might be the problem

6. Robert Tyrrell

Robert Tyrrell GSR

I know there is an obvious reason for you to say this but why take a baffle out? I they're all clean then surely it can't be to do with that?

7. Best

I find a lot of the Riello RDB burners have the plastic air adjustment door seized or/and the adjustment bolt thread slipping. I remove the top air cover and take a look at it while adjusting air. Lots of them I have to manually push them with a screwdriver while using Allen key on air screw.
    I would think highly likely to be the problem.