Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Client wants aircon any advice ? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. 64degrees

64degrees GSR

Hi all, been asked by a client to install aircon in a single room in their house. There’s a loft space above and ideally the unit would be wall mounted externally and ducted into the loft, with a ceiling grill in the room.
    Thinking about getting a Daikin/Mitsi Rep out to spec it, keen to hear what you guys have done in a similar situation. Jobs in Oxfordshire if anyone local wants to quote.
    Have posted in renewables as well, sorry if in wrong thread

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. 64degrees

64degrees GSR

Hi Shaun - you mean refrigerant gas? No mate, that’s why I’m posting the job, and asking for advice. And anyone local who wants to quote.

Not sure the client will wait till I’ve done the course, although it’s only March and after last summer they probably won’t need it this year

4. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

I would if I was them just buy one of those air con boxes from
    BQ etc ...centralheatking

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. WC1

WC1 Active Member

Little pregassed diy splits are ok.

6. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

And you only need one post mate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 64degrees

64degrees GSR

Thanks, soz for the inconvenience, thought there may be different options from the different forums.

8. 64degrees

64degrees GSR

That’s the easiest way I agree, and did suggest that.

9. bacon_sandwich

bacon_sandwich GSR

Using a ducted unit in the loft and grills in ceiling is substantially more expensive with little upside. If its a bedroom a small wall mounted unit would work best and be much cheaper, you can still run all the pipework through the loft and drop down from the eaves to outdoor unit.
    I have fitted all split types and would go wall mounted every time, unless there is room for a 4 way cassette you see in commercial property.
    Also not close enough to quote..

10. 64degrees

64degrees GSR

Thanks for the advice, any preference as to manufacturer?

11. quality

quality Plumber GSR

Yes mate I have but off to Cornwall this morning for the next 2 - 3 weeks. thanks for the pointer though

12. bacon_sandwich

bacon_sandwich GSR

I have used Fujitsu, Daikin, Toshiba, Mitsubishi. Fujitsu generally works out cheaper for a single split, never had an issue with them

• Like Like x 1