Search the forum,

Discuss CKR 1 new and existing installs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Course was 5 a days a week for 5weeks, 2 pipe skills and then 3 gas stuff. Has since been changed to 7 weeks. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have an engineer to shadow as the experience taught is not enough to be competent. I just chose to go with my engineer for longer than needed to be competent.
Aw rite, was gonny say that’s not very fast :D
That would be even longer than doing it as part of your apprenticeship.
Maybe that’s why you needed less of a portfolio but you’d be think if you’re doing less days at college they would want more on the job evidence..
I dunno :cool:

Aw rite, was gonny say that’s not very fast :D
That would be even longer than doing it as part of your apprenticeship.
Maybe that’s why you needed less of a portfolio but you’d be think if you’re doing less days at college they would want more on the job evidence..
I dunno :cool:
Yeah that sort of makes sense. Less time at centre more portfolio work.

I did one with my mate. As we were both, let’s say a bit more mature , we got our heads down and got on with it. It was two days a week for 8 months. The class had 19 students in and all they wanted to do was talk and shout across the room to each other. The tutors would try to crack down on it but would give up in the end. It would start at 9am with a half empty class and gradually fill up by 11 or 12 (if they turned up at all). This was all well and good till it came to the assessment. You got four days to complete this with a written PAWS test start on the first morning. I finished mine in 1 1/2 days, my mate took 2. Most of the others didn’t even finish in the four days because they didn’t know what to do.
The problem was that most of them were sent from the job centre or probation service, so they didn’t want to be there in the first place.

Reply to CKR 1 new and existing installs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock