Search the forum,

Discuss City & Guilds 6217 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rudeboytee

Hi everyone,
I am due to start a 16 week course at college after which i will gain city & guilds 6217. I have been told that this is replacing the 6022 and is a better qualification, has anyone heard about the 6217? Any info would be greatly appreciated. cheers!

6217 is nothing to do with plumbing, if i remember its bicklaying etc.
6022 or 6032 is worthless as they are not a industry recognised qualification.

you need the 6129 tech cert and 6089 nvq 2.

if you not sure talk to city & guilds they will exsplain what is reconised and what is not.

sounds like another training scheme trying to take your money. all these fast track courses are run by cowboys who didn't succeed in the real world of plumbing.

I have the name of the qualification its 6217 introductory certificate in basic construction skills, OCN level 2 domestic plumbing.Looking at what the course contains it covers all aspects of jointing & bending pipework, fitting rads,cwc etc it even contains basic tiling.
I get the impression the 6217 can cover many different trades within the industry.

6217 yes your probably right many trades but it worth nothing in the plumbing career.

Hi am a new memeber,
can you please explain to me anything you know about the btsc in Chessington. who are they?

the 6217 is a level 1 course for basic trades. the college can select units, some are brick, plumb etc. the qual is the same but the units differ, L1 IS A BASIC COURSE THATS ALL

I have the name of the qualification its 6217 introductory certificate in basic construction skills, OCN level 2 domestic plumbing.Looking at what the course contains it covers all aspects of jointing & bending pipework, fitting rads,cwc etc it even contains basic tiling.
I get the impression the 6217 can cover many different trades within the industry.
We offer the OCN level 2 in plumbing at our centre. And it does cover everything to do with domestic plumbing. It is absolutely perfect for bathroom fitters and wet plumbers working in a domestic situation.

It is a recognised TRAINING certificate and can be used towards gaining your NVQ2 :)

hi proff plumb, OCN2, do you have a link to the awarding body page please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to City & Guilds 6217 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Vacancies within our Plumbing Team at City College Norwich Full time, £23.789 - £34,606 per annum dependant on appointment An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the City College Norwich Apprenticeships Team. Due to rising Industry demand we currently have vacancies for full time posts...
Replies
Views
Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2. Access training are offering an assessment package for £1500, which is competitive, but I am now nervous given the reviews I have seen on here. I am...
Replies
Views
Hello Plumbers/Gas Engineers, Excuse if this question has been raised but i am in a slight dilemma and for the past 2 weeks the internet has not really solved this, so I feel i need some real advice from real tradesmen. I am 21 and stuck behind a desk not progressing into a career, I have...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I'm about to progress from Level 2 C&G to Level 3 (starting in September): I'd always thought i would do the Level 3 Gas, as this was the only course my local college offered, but i've just found out they're now also offering Level 3 Plumbing and Heating. Does anyone have any advice...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m 31 years old hard working and always try to produce quality work. I’ve just finished my level 2 diploma in Plumbing at Leeds college for building. I want to sign up to the NVQ L2 course but need a plumber to work with. I have my own Van and some tools. If there is anyone in the Leeds...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock