Search the forum,

Discuss City & Guilds 6129 trainee looking for experience in South-East London/Kent, please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marty32

Good evening all

My name is Martyn, 33 years of age with previous plumbing experience but have decided to get my industry recognized qualifications (City and Guilds) as I have passion for this trade and nothing else.

I appreciate that people are asking this question a lot on this forum and that things are quiet for some.

However, I'd be very appreciative if there are any of you that would be interested in giving me some practical hands on experience and let me work shadow you? I'm not expecting payment just to be up front.

As mentioned above, I am realistic that times are tough at the moment but I'd be genuinely grateful for the extra experience and help to complete my C&G 6129 and NVQ Level 2.

Look forward to hearing from you and best regards,

Martyn

Re: City & Guilds 6129 trainee looking for experience in South-East London/Kent, plea

Hi Howsie

I'm based in Bexleyheath mate and have my own transport and willing to travel - hope that helps?

Many thanks

Martyn

Re: City & Guilds 6129 trainee looking for experience in South-East London/Kent, plea

Good evening folks

Just following up from previous posts - would anyone opportunities to help out and work shadow them?

Greatly appreciated for taking a look at my request.

Martyn

Hi all

I'm not giving up just yet! ;)

Is there no one from my neck of the woods? Ideally I'd like to be employed by a sole trader or a firm but it seems to me that things are quiet - hence the reason that me and most on these forums offer our services in exchange a little experience if nothing else.

As mentioned, I won't give up as something by law of averages will come along. I sent out 135 applications last week which included a cover letter and CV. I've had 5 replies either saying they aren't hiring at the moment or only have enough for work themselves but I was grateful for their reply even if it wasn't an offer of work. 130 to go so fingers crossed!

Having had previous experience on the tools I'm not a total novice but at the same time appreciate I'm not an expert either.

Grateful if anyone could let me know if they or someone they know are looking to take on a trainee or even just for work shadowing in Kent or South-East London area.

Best regards

Martyn

Homeserve take on trainees but I'm sure u need a cert before hand.

Homeserve take on trainees but I'm sure u need a cert before hand.

Thanks true manufan - so I would need my C&G 6129 cert first? Do you know anybody that is working for them?

Very much appreciate the lead mate

Martyn

Hi all

Do you think it is worth putting my CV in my local plumbers merchants? Not had any luck on here for employment or even extra experience so trying to cover all bases really.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

All the best

Mart

have you done a 6129? remember C&G are the awarding body for nvq and tech cert

i have done my 6129 city & guilds level 2 got all the tech certs and iam getting no luck on here either i need help so i can go further with this and get my nvq and get my gas etc . so good luck iam after some work in cheshire / wales / north west

have you done a 6129? remember C&G are the awarding body for nvq and tech cert

Hi Fuzzy

I'm in the process of completing the 6129 and was looking to get some hands on experience at a further stage. I am aware that C&G is the awarding body for both but very much appreciate the heads up :smiley2:

All the best

Martyn

i have done my 6129 city & guilds level 2 got all the tech certs and iam getting no luck on here either i need help so i can go further with this and get my nvq and get my gas etc . so good luck iam after some work in cheshire / wales / north west

Yeah I feel your pain my friend - its a sign of the times... I wish I'd done this about 10 years ago when the going was better.

Oh well, as I mentioned before, by law of averages and if you don't give up something will come.

Best of luck mate

Martyn

Talking of wishing you'd done it 10 years ago - I was off to waste my time at uni about 14 years ago. I remember packing stuff in my room in parents house whilst our plumber was going from room to room checking rads or something. He had an apprentice with him who was roughly my age. I remember thinking "There but for the grace of god goes me."

Turns out God has a sense of humour after all.

Talking of wishing you'd done it 10 years ago - I was off to waste my time at uni about 14 years ago. I remember packing stuff in my room in parents house whilst our plumber was going from room to room checking rads or something. He had an apprentice with him who was roughly my age. I remember thinking "There but for the grace of god goes me."

Turns out God has a sense of humour after all.

LOL - funny how things turn out eh?!!

:teeth_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to City & Guilds 6129 trainee looking for experience in South-East London/Kent, please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I just recently completed my Level 2 City & Guilds Plumbing Course and am now looking for bit of work / experience working alongside an experience plumber to further my knowledge, I am 33, based in Brentwood, Essex and have tools and car. I have done a few domestic jobs for friends and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hope you are all well. My name is Henry and I am Dorset based, and looking to get into the Plumbing trade. I will have completed my Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing in August this year, and have already signed on to the Level 2 NVQ as well as my Unvented and Water Regs certs, to start after...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I’m hoping I find some luck here, I have currently finished my MLP gas course and soon to go in for my ACS exam for my CCN1 in a few months. I also hold my city and guilds in plumbing level 2, vented and unvented certs. I am currently looking for a few days of work experience where by I...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon I am seeking part time work on Thursdays and Fridays in the above locations if possible please. I have had previous experience on the tools and have recently paid for and completed my City and Guilds 6129 diploma in plumbing and heating. I have all my own tools and a csr to...
Replies
Views
Chester CH4 7DR 21 year old male [email protected] 1 years experience 1st/2nd fix bathrooms and heating systems. full uk driving license with car i have my own tools NVQ Level 2 qualified. currently in college doing my level 3 technical certificate (City&Guilds) Looking for someone to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock