Search the forum,

Discuss city and guilds 6129 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ste b

hi fellas, been a little busy last few days, just popped in to see if anyone has got any example questions for the ENVIONMENTAL AWARENESS exam, any help will be very much appreciated thanx,only 2 exams to go.......cheers.

18 on the one i have allready done and failed,i know i could not believe it too, obviously i have no common sense lol,i did this one on the same night as working relationships and in that i was only one to get 100%,was gutted as i thought the environment exam was gona be the easiest, a few of the lads said it was a tricky exam, i cant even think of the questions i had,but i did guess at a few obviously the wrong answer was given lol, only got this and central heating left and the GOLA, but i a little concerned with this enviro one at the min, the central heating i feel confident and have some good notes to help me get through it i hope,.... cheers m8, good luck..........

have a look at smartscreen, not sure if there is anything there for enviromental awareness, but there wil def be something there for your central heating. With smartscreen you get the style of the questions that youll get in the exam, and as i found, 3 or 4 of the questions on smartscreen came up on my actual exam.

good luck

cheer m8, i will do that,do i just put in search engine smart screen, i not actually been on the smart screen yet......cheers.

just tried to get on the smart screen but it asking for a centre number, does anyone know where i can find this ???????

Last edited by a moderator:
Your college has to be enrolled for smartscreen, It costs money so they may not be. You certainly need to revise central heating chapters in respect of Part L, Sedbuk,Boiler efficiency bandings and minimum requirements for fitting, heating controls boiler interlocks etc. Also you need to know about trade bodies, who promotes copper and lead, how to dispose of asbestos and polystyrene,CFCs, fridges and other controlled wastes. Think about economy of materials and good working practices to reduce waste. Also remember water regs as tehy promote good use of water. That should keep you going for half an hour. Dont you get revision notes from your tutors? I think there may be revision stuff available to you on Learnatrade website - or you can buy the revision disc. Good luck!

cheers, i ok with central heating notes m8,i did struggle with the wording of some of the questions in the enviro exam, thats whats letting me down,my english,lol........hey no worries itll work out ok i will pass next time,..............have a good week fellas

After sitting and passing my exams, there does seem to be different sets of questions in these exams which are easier and some which are harder. Just depends how lucky you are. I was never asked about Part L, Sedbuk,Boiler efficiency bandings and minimum requirements for fitting, heating controls boiler interlocks etc. I think if youve got the JTL book and can get access to smartscreen you'll be ok. Dont go wasting your money with learnatrade, its not worth it, questions are too easy and you wont get any of them in the exams. Only other thing to say is make good notes from your classroom lessons, and if you dont know ask!

Best of luck, if you need any more just ask away

cheers
andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to city and guilds 6129 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock