Search the forum,

Discuss Cheap plumbers from EU countries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I've had basin fitted from an Egyptian plumber from Italy. He was cheap. He fixed the basin to the wall with putty like material (no bolt/nut into the wall). He fitted isolating valves (with compression joints) on plastic pipes without the insertion white hardening cylinders at the end. He never used ptft tape on any thread. He said white cylindrical hardeners and ptft taps are not necessary. Has he got a point?

20190624_165534.jpg

:D there needed for a reason the inserts

Also guess the ped was off the old one

The Egyptians managed to build the Pyramids, yet this one couldn't fit a sink for Toffee.

Some people have different interpretations of words and phrases.
To most,
Can you fit me a new sink, means complete the job so it's neat, tidy and doesn't require any additional trades to follow on.

To some, it's taken literally, eg. that sink's been fitted.

I know this is obviously a wind up but it does entertain how some people will leave things like this thinking it’s perfectly acceptable

Reminds me a little of Poe's Law Poe's law - Wikipedia

I had thought this initially a joke. However, I now ponder and find myself in mental turmoil as to the feelings of the original poster. Maybe due to the lack of a deliberate indication of jest in the original post, this is - God forbid - a real installation. Should this be the case I offer my sympathy to said poster. I do find it difficult to believe that any individual could produce such workmanship and expect a customer to be satisfied with it but as pointed out by @Harvest Fields, that belief could well be misplaced.
Looking back I think I took the 'He was cheap' comment to mean, you get what you pay for, thus indicating that the customer is seeing the installation in the same light as we do.
Perhaps @abvi could enlighten us? Is it the completed article or is it a temporary job whilst the the bathroom is done?

I had thought this initially a joke. However, I now ponder and find myself in mental turmoil as to the feelings of the original poster. Maybe due to the lack of a deliberate indication of jest in the original post, this is - God forbid - a real installation. Should this be the case I offer my sympathy to said poster. I do find it difficult to believe that any individual could produce such workmanship and expect a customer to be satisfied with it but as pointed out by @Harvest Fields, that belief could well be misplaced.
Looking back I think I took the 'He was cheap' comment to mean, you get what you pay for, thus indicating that the customer is seeing the installation in the same light as we do.
Perhaps @abvi could enlighten us? Is it the completed article or is it a temporary job whilst the the bathroom is done?
When the customer supply’s the materials and wants a cheap job?

FM he certainly didn't build the pyramids did he Town that's a flood waiting to happen for sure, incompetent is the word strip it all out and start again before your home is flooded . Kop

Reply to Cheap plumbers from EU countries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock