Search the forum,

Discuss chamfering tool for soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BenC

ive been looking for one for ages since my college tutor showed me his but cant find them anywhere. it fits into a 4inch pipe and then it sort of clamps to the inside of it and then you turn the handle on the end and it puts the chamfer on it ready to fit into the socket of the next joint.
anyone seen one and know where i can get one.
cheers ben

when we were doing soils on big sites we used the cut saw and chamfered against the side of the blade angle gringer does the same job quickly

Yeah seen these on ebay.

I wouldnt be interested in buying one personally, looks like a gimmick, but a search on there will def' throw one up for you.

Here you go two different types. Sure you mean the first one:

Armeg Pipe Chamfering Tool - Plumbing Chamfer Tools on eBay (end time 21-Feb-11 15:02:54 GMT)

ARMEG 110mm Soil Drainage Sewer Pipe Chamfering Tool on eBay (end time 12-Feb-11 12:20:44 GMT)

ye i saw those on ebay but its neither of them. this one my tutor had was not a gimmik really good bit of kit he said he had had it for about 7 years, could buy replacement blades for it etc

Good Evening all as i have just joined the forum.
The pipe cutter you are talking about is made by Rothenberger.it is red in colour.Also REMS have one exactly the same but in yellow colour and has adaptors for smaller size pipe.They are both a series piece of kit and the price reflects this.I have mine about six years now and still in perfect nick even though it is used a lot

Good Evening all as i have just joined the forum.
The pipe cutter you are talking about is made by Rothenberger.it is red in colour.Also REMS have one exactly the same but in yellow colour and has adaptors for smaller size pipe.They are both a series piece of kit and the price reflects this.I have mine about six years now and still in perfect nick even though it is used a lot

do you have a link for a website where i could by said item

ive always used a surform to chamfer 4''.
but as i'm a tool-tart, i like the sound of this rothenberger cutter!
mmmmm-rothenberger!

BenC - Sorry pal - I just checked the link in your post and the link in my post both worked ok for me - PC's do my head in so many different things to go t1ts up.

Just search for PPC110 on the web and it'll come up somewhere

for the amount of drain work i do i just use my file.................just the job.

lol i wont be doing much drain work but im a tool *****, if theres a tool out there to do a job and make it quicker/easier i want it

Stick with rasp, looked on website this tool is to bulky for my already full van and looks like it needs setting up on site, expensive too.

all these tools are slightly bulky the one my tutor had was just for chamferring not cutting.

all these tools are slightly bulky the one my tutor had was just for chamferring not cutting.

Hi all.

Your looking for something called a Pipemate. Type it into google it will come up.

See you`ve made the classic mistake of not looking at the date Rdog it was over 3yrs ago. Your not the first and you wont be the last lol

Nice spot I'd hope the pipe would be chamfered by now lol.

Why not use an angle grinder?(metal cutting blade side on). Takes seconds. I can't possibly fathom any quicker or easier way to do it and it's the way i've always done it.

Why not use an angle grinder?(metal cutting blade side on). Takes seconds. I can't possibly fathom any quicker or easier way to do it and it's the way i've always done it.

Why not use the roughest wall you can find, that's what I do when I'm stuck lol

Angle Grinder with stone blade for me gives a sweet chamfer, its all in the wrist :p years of practice you see, can even do it with both hands lol :D

many moons ago i saw one which fitted in the pipe like a drain plug and had a pivot point with an arm and an angled blade

I use a toolbox saw to cut pipe and a flap wheel on my grinder to chamfer works well

[DLMURL="http://www.origimate.co.uk/contactus.php"]Contact Us - Origimate[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
[DLMURL="http://www.origimate.co.uk/contactus.php"]Contact Us - Origimate[/DLMURL]
If only they did one that would fit the inner tube of a 110 concentric flue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to chamfering tool for soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock