Search the forum,

Discuss CH Issue - Potterton Pro Max HE Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Would really appreciate if someone could give me some advice.

I have an issue where if my heating is set to off on the programmer and I turn the Thermostat up the heating will come on.

Which pretty much means I either have to have the heating on or off - which is bit of a nightmare during the night when you want the heating to come on in the morning.

I had a friend look at it, and we replaced both the PCB in the boiler and purchased a new Programmer yet still have the issue.

Any able to think of something that could be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance

I had a friend look at it, and we replaced both the PCB in the boiler and purchased a new Programmer yet still have the issue.

So, now you have two problems. Your original one and a boiler that's been tampered with by, I assume, people who are not registered as Gas Safe competent persons.

You need to get a Gas Safe qualified person in. They should be able to fix the problem without difficulty as long as the boiler hasn't been damaged by your ill-advised attempted repair.

Hi thanks for your reply, he does actually work in the industry and is Gas safe qualified engineer. He tested the boiler and couldn't find any issues apart from the PCB needing replacing and we just replaced the programmer in case it was something to do with that as the previous one was old.

He thinks it could be a wiring issue but thought I'd seek a second opinion.

He thinks it could be a wiring issue but thought I'd seek a second opinion.

The symptoms you describe resemble those of a system when the programmer and thermostat have been misconnected in parallel rather than in series. If the system has always behaved in this manner (unlikely) it's probably just an installation mistake that any competent electrician can rectify.

If its a symptom that has only appeared recently, it could be an issue external or internal to the boiler. An electrician who is experienced with central heating wiring will be able to tell you which within a matter of minutes by measuring the voltages at the boiler and programmer/thermostat.

Reply to CH Issue - Potterton Pro Max HE Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Morning all, My Vallient Ecotec Plus 831 is stored in the loft and is connected to Hive. It is coming on randomly at various times of the day, but particularly middle of the night, and staying on until I manually turn the boiler off. Hive schedule is switched off but still comes on. Had an...
Replies
Views
J Hughes
J
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can offer me advice? I have an old Glowworm Micron 30FF. Must be about 18 years old. The whole system needs replacing if I am honest - the tank it fills...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock